The shoddy officiating, though, did overshadow a critical game in the AFC playoff picture as both teams are 11-3 and have the best records in the AFC West and in the entire conference.
Kansas City safety Eric Berry, who last played for the Chiefs in Week 1 of the 2017 National Football League season before rupturing his left Achilles, is expected to make his season debut Thursday night vs Chargers, per source.
"Kansas City has made it known we have to go through them", coach Anthony Lynn said this week, "if we're going to win this division". To make matters worse for Los Angeles, Rivers uncorked two woeful interceptions before halftime and, if anything the underdog Chargers were likely fortunate to enter the halftime break down only seven points.
Williams had what was probably the best game of his career, stepping up when the team lost Keenan Allen to a hip injury in the first half. It wasn't a pretty drive, but Rivers ripped a gorgeous 31-yard throw to Travis Benjamin to get into Kansas City territory and found Benjamin for 26 more on fourth-and-7 to extend the game, setting up goal-to-go.
Amazon Prime members will be able to watch tonight's Chargers vs Chiefs football game online free as part of their annual membership.
He had finally beaten the Kansas City Chiefs.
On the very next play, Rivers looked for Mike Williams in the end zone, but overthrew him. No longer having the cushion of a guaranteed 30 points on the other side of the ball can make the problems on defense seem a lot more real. "That's Phil. He's a clutch player". Chiefs have beaten Bolts four in a row at Arrowhead and nine of past 10 in this series overall (including 38-28 in this year's opener).
Brandon Reid: Kansas City Chiefs.
Chargers: Return home for a prime-time game against the Ravens on December 22.
Tyrell Williams had six catches for 71 yards and Jackson finished with 16 carries for 58 yards and one score.
"We're familiar with this group, but they do so many things". One two-point conversion later, and it was time to unleash the victory tweet.
- Doomed May wins confidence vote but at heavy cost
- Mukesh Ambani receives the groom at Antilia
- Journalists, paper are TIME's Person of the Year
- How Trump's statements on hush money have shifted as investigation progressed
- Voyager 2 Spacecraft Enters Interstellar Space
- Kevin McCarthy anxious about Google’s next steps in China
- May to meet European Union leaders in bid to save Brexit deal
- Doubt cast over tomorrow's crucial Brexit deal vote
- Corker to introduce resolution holding Saudi crown prince 'responsible' for Khashoggi's death
- Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino: I prefer Real Madrid links to sack talk