He says the weather service wants people to monitor the forecast and adjust their travel plans as needed. Travel, the weather service advises, will be hard.
According to The Weather Channel, Winter Storm Eboni - which started in California earlier this week with wind gusts of up to 65 miles per hour - moved into the Great Plains on Wednesday and will hit the upper Midwest and New England by Friday.
Winter Storm watches may be issued for this event and this statement will be updated as new information becomes available.
Accumulation appears light across the Front Range at 1-3 inches, but prepare for a snowy morning commute. Highs will top out in the low-40s, but the temps will oddly continue to rise as we head through the night.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation road conditions website, www.511mn.org, showed area roads to either be partially covered or completely covered in slush or snow around 10:30 a.m. Thursday. The heaviest snow will end late Thursday, however blowing snow may persist through Friday afternoon. Snow accumulations of up to 7 inches are possible above 2,000 feet in those areas. Strong northeast winds gusting to 60 km/h will develop Thursday night giving locally reduced visibility in blowing snow. The very cold air could return next week as well.
A cold snap arriving the week before Christmas of 2017 endured with frigid temperatures about 15 degrees colder than normal.
Highs drop into the low 20s on Friday with overnight lows in the single digits. It's going to be a warm night with temps in the mid- to upper 40s!
It's been a record year for precipitation in Nebrska-and that looks to continue through the New Year.
- Ricardo Pereira scores stunning victor for Leicester against Manchester City
- Turkey 'determined' to drive out Syrian Kurdish forces
- Nawaz Sharif sentenced to 7 years in jail for graft
- U.S. Treasury Secretary talks to bank CEOs amid Wall St. jitters
- Christmas Forecast: The gift that keeps on giving all day long
- India vs Australia: Debutant Agarwal falls for 76 after frustrating Kiwis
- Troops Take Selfies With Trump, Melania In Unannounced Iraq Visit
- Trump calls Fed ‘only problem’ in U.S. economy; markets slump
- Solskjaer's Man U downs Huddersfield 3-1 with Pogba double
- Kevin Spacey posts weird video as assault charge is announced