Recent media reports out of the USA claimed Newton-John was so unwell that she only had "weeks" to live.But the 70-year-old star on Thursday moved to assure fans that the reports are false.
These reports caused the star to speak out about her condition in a video message to her fans.
Some Australian media outlets seized on the unconfirmed reports on Wednesday, sparking a frenzy of activity on social media from her anxious fans.
'The last song she always sings is I Honestly Love You, to her fans. Newton-John's niece, Tottie Goldsmith, also called B.S. on the report via an Instagram post earlier in the day on Wednesday. Doctors discovered a tumor in her lower back in 2017.
It forced members of Newton-John's family and friends to insist the rumours weren't true.
US tabloid site Radar Online claimed on December 26 in an "exclusive scoop" the 70-year-old was "clinging on to life" amid her latest cancer battle and hoping she could live long enough to see her only daughter, Chloe Lattanzi, Wednesday fiancé James Driskill in 2019.
She said the treatment was going "really well" and that she was optimistic.
Last month reports emerged in the United States speculating about Newton-John's health, but the star moved to assure fans she is "doing great".
While on Lorraine, Didi also spoke about her Dancing On Ice training - the show starts on Sunday.
"Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful 2019!" Here's to a wonderful 2019! The actress had postponed the first half of her concert tour over severe back pain that, upon further testing, was revealed to be cancer.
She said: 'OMG yeah, I took some spectacular falls. Newton-John was born in Cambridge, England, before moving to Australia when she was five.
In addition to her iconic 1978 role in Grease as Sandy Olsson, Newton-John appeared in several other films and television shows over the years.
- Man City end Liverpool's unbeaten run to breathe life into title race
- New Horizons Nasa probe completes flyby of ancient world of Ultima Thule
- SCG inspection to decide Australia side - Paine
- Texans, Cowboys Wrap-Up Regular Season With Wins
- Don't 'end up in hospital' over Bird Box Challenge, Netflix says
- Chinese probe successfully lands on far side of moon, sends back images
- Are Antonio Brown and the Steelers Nearing a Nasty Divorce?
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West expecting fourth child via surrogate
- 5 talking points ahead of Manchester City's clash with Liverpool
- Federer triumphs over Serena in 'super cool' Hopman Cup encounter