City are not the force they were last season, by any means, and the style of last season's title success was replaced by a more direct, uncompromising approach against Liverpool. Even when we beat them 3-0 in the Champions League last season City still had a lot of the game, we were under pressure for long periods and the reason we won was that we were quite clinical in taking our chances.
This is an impressive Liverpool team, make no mistake, and they are stronger in all departments than the team that went so close to winning the title under Brendan Rodgers in 2014. Now it was 50:50. The team has been playing good games and this is the most important for us. "They are still leaders and they have a lot of games to play as well".
City boss Pep Guardiola praised his players afterwards for keeping the title race alive.
"If Mo is on his feet - not in the moment when he jumps over him - we talk differently (about the outcome)". We have to see how the bone healing is, that's always how it is when something [has] broke, but from his movements it looks almost normal.
"It is not luck and using momentum". You could see in every tackle, every pass, that everyone was really focused on the game, to not make mistakes, as we all know how hard it is to play against big teams with big players. I don't know, it's OK, it's like it is, we've known it for a while, so it's not that I feel we have to react immediately in the league because that would feel a little bit like we are insecure about ourselves.
Klopp is set to make numerous changes for the trip to Wolves, including giving Alberto Moreno a rare opportunity this season.
However, the most significant change is in goal where £65million summer signing Alisson Becker will be rested to give Simon Mignolet only his second appearance since the FA Cup exit to West Brom last January.
"He [Mignolet] will play, of course". The Premier League side won't have things their own way at Bloomfield Road, but Arsenal have played well on the road so far this season, other than their recent Anfield nightmare, and no shock for me on the Lancashire coast.
'Liverpool's team is now based on the highest quality when it comes to their players.
"Our kind of A versus B matches are unbelievable high quality and that is because of the boys in behind. We are a better team when we play with emotions".
- Another Cheteshwar Pujara master-class gives India day 1 honours at SCG
- Government shutdown could delay tax refunds
- Bournemouth’s Jermain Defoe set to join Rangers on 18-month loan deal
- Project CARS Studio Developing Its Own Standalone Console
- Kevin Hart is dishing on his Oscar Hosting Controversy with Ellen DeGeneres
- Apple Warns of Quarterly Revenue Shortfall
- SCG inspection to decide Australia side - Paine
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West expecting fourth child via surrogate
- United Kingdom can ‘turn a corner’ in 2019, says PM
- Chinese probe successfully lands on far side of moon, sends back images