That ranks him seventh all-time in interceptions and first in interception return yards in National Football League history. The hard-hitting enforcer became a Pro Bowler for the first time four seasons later and was twice named a first-team All-Pro, in 1999 and 2000. He started from the first game of his rookie season through his departure following the 2005 season and Super Bowl 40 that ended it with Seattle's loss to Pittsburgh in Detroit.
The list of modern-era players will be trimmed down to 10 and then five by the voting committee on February 2 in Atlanta, Georgia. The legendary tight end was inducted into the Chiefs' Hall of Fame on December 13. He made six of his eight Pro Bowls as a member of the Green & White.
Five of the 15 modern-era finalists will be chosen for induction when the selection committee meets on "Selection Saturday" in Atlanta, the day before Super Bowl LIII.
NEW ORLEANS - President Donald Trump has signed legislation awarding former New Orleans Saints and Washington State football player Steve Gleason the Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian honor awarded by Congress.
Considered the greatest running back in Colts history, James holds the franchise record for career rushing yards (9,226), career rushing touchdowns (64) and rushing yards per game (96.1).
- Former Arkansas safety Steve Atwater is one step closer to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He played in a Super Bowl for Arizona, at the end of the 2008 season. He finished his career with 1,024 receptions, 15,424 yards, and 91 touchdowns. But he was not among five defensive backs who were named finalists on Thursday, 3 of them safeties.
Originally selected sixth overall out of Georgia by the New England Patriots in the 2001 NFL Draft, Seymour played 12 years in the NFL including his final four seasons with the Raiders.
Coryell was the Cardinals head coach from 1973-1977, when the team was located in St. Louis.
- Sister Megan Markle were in the "black list" of London police
- Trump slams 'disgraceful' Democrat's impeachment vow
- Disturbing R. Kelly docuseries shows relationship with Aaliyah in a new light
- Confirmed - Man United's team news for Reading clash - Duo will start
- Tropical storm to bring rain, high seas to southern Thailand
- Man City end Liverpool's unbeaten run to breathe life into title race
- DeMar DeRozan Scored His First Career Triple-Double Against The Raptors
- Project CARS Studio Developing Its Own Standalone Console
- US National Parks Are a Mess Due to the Government Shutdown
- Chinese probe successfully lands on far side of moon, sends back images