20, admitted to taking part in the fatal shooting of Jazmine Barnes, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
"His conscience is finally going to get to him after he sees my child's face go across (television screens) so many times".
"I have no tint on my windows or anything so you can see there is a mother-a black mother-with daughters, lovely children", Barnes's mother LaPorsha Washington, told CNN after the shooting.
A bullet hit Washington in the arm.
The girl was black, and her family believes the shooting was racially motivated.
A lawyer for the Barnes family now says the white man that police described as a suspect was "simply a bystander trying to escape the shooting". That shooting remains unsolved.
They said a confidential source told the Harris County Sheriff's Office the suspects had "shot the vehicle by mistake".
Gonzalez cautioned that authorities were still investigating, but said: "At this point, it does not appear it was related to race".
"It's just unbelievable how. this attractive angel, 7 years old, just touched so many lives and her light shined very, very bright", Gonzalez said.
Lee also said she wanted federal resources and law enforcement to provide support to local investigators, who have released a composite sketch of the suspect and surveillance footage of his truck.
Washington, still recovering from her gunshot wound, thanked everyone who came to honor her daughter. Nearby was a Walmart and strip malls with restaurants, banks, a Starbucks and other businesses. "I know that for a fact".
Currently, investigators do not think that the family was targeted intentionally, suggesting it was a possible case of "mistaken identity".
"Do not be afraid to call this what it seems to be, a hate crime", she said.
LaPorsha Washington, Jazmine's mother, was injured during the attack.
Jazmine was fatally shot in the head.
"She was always bossing people around".
A $100,000 reward has been offered for information on Jazmine's killer. "We're asking you to give justice to me and my family", said a tearful Ms Watt.
- Houston, TX: Police Seek Killer of 7-Year-Old African-American Girl
- Is this Xiaomi’s foldable tablet?
- Tropical storm to bring rain, high seas to southern Thailand
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Trump slams 'disgraceful' Democrat's impeachment vow
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Confirmed - Man United's team news for Reading clash - Duo will start
- Saudi demands death sentence against 5 suspects in Khashoggi case
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Sister Megan Markle were in the "black list" of London police