The new congresswoman from New York's 14th District is certainly ambitious.
Ocasio-Cortez's strong sense of family values and working-class background paved the way for her landmark ranking as the "youngest woman ever elected to Congress".
Unfortunately, the document reads more like one of Stalin's Five-Year Plan's than American legislation.
Ocasio-Cortez then launched into an attack that had no correlation with Scalise's tweet, writing: "Oh that's right, nearly forgot: GOP works for the corporate CEOs showering themselves in multi-million bonuses; not the actual working people whose wages + healthcare they're ripping off for profit". "I thought it was highly disrespectful to the United States of America".
Oh, and it will eliminate poverty.
Ringwald's invitation was quickly affirmed by Sheedy, whose arm-swirling, knee-crashing moves Ocasio-Cortez aped in the video clip.
But rather than embarrass Ocasio-Cortez, the release ended up having the opposite of its intended effect.
In the interview, Ocasio-Cortez also responded to criticisms she's pushing the Democratic Party too far to the left and explained the tax hikes she would implement to help pay for her "Green New Deal". "No one", she said, "can compromise or negotiate with that". "This is the mechanism through which we can really deliver justice to communities that have been underserved".
"There's an element where, yeah, people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes", the freshman NY lawmaker said in an interview with Anderson Cooper that's slated to air Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes".
The original posting meant to demean Ocasio-Cortez incorrectly said she was in high school at the time the video was recorded.
"Once you get to the tippie-tops, on your 10 millionth dollar, sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60% or 70%". So while Ocasio-Cortez's deal proposes a top marginal rate of 70 percent on income above $10 million a year, only income after the first $10 million would be taxed at the rate of 70 percent.
Ocasio-Cortez has in the past called out a journalist who referred to her as "a girl" in a November tweet critical of her clothing.
- Madonna says she is ‘entitled to free agency’ over her body
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Houston, TX: Police Seek Killer of 7-Year-Old African-American Girl
- New congresswoman calls to impeach President Trump in video
- Tropical storm to bring rain, high seas to southern Thailand
- Former Patriots Ty Law, Richard Seymour Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalists
- Coachella 2019 Headlined by Childish Gambino and Ariana Grande
- Man City's Fernandinho warns Liverpool: The pressure is on
- Trump takes a jibe at Modi for funding a library in Afghanistan
- Trump slams 'disgraceful' Democrat's impeachment vow