Jürgen Klopp believes he will still face criticism even if Liverpool claim the FA Cup this season.
"Liverpool's team is not based on the highest quality when it comes to their players".
Guardiola said: "Losing to Liverpool we would have been nearly out and we played knowing we were in or we were out".
And, in a season when star man Kevin De Bruyne has been limited to a solitary league start due to medial knee ligament injuries, Guardiola knows he can ill afford his 33-year-old midfield general spending any more time on the sidelines. 'He only coaches his teams in an attacking way.
"The moment his team has to defend, they look awful".
"It was a good spectacle and both teams played to win".
Nevertheless, Lovren feels Jürgen Klopp's squad possess a strong mentality which will enable them to put the loss behind them and move on.
Van Gaal said he enjoyed watching Guardiola's men, but questioned the club's "fighting spirit".
When Liverpool equalised, there were enough City defenders around the box to prevent it.
A defeat would have seen them fall 10 points behind Liverpool and, quite possibly, out of the title race.
However, I remain optimistic as to what rewards Jurgen Klopp and his players will have for their efforts come May.
Recency bias ensured City were underestimated by pundits on Thursday - a complete contrast to the debate a few weeks ago about whether they could go unbeaten themselves or win the quadruple this season. We were unlucky at times but that's absolutely OK because when City came to Anfield they missed a late penalty.
"Disappointed that we lost, that is really obvious, (but) we're four points clear, that is the main thing", said the Holland captain.
"I'm not sure too many people picked up on it at the Etihad this week, but what struck me was just how ballistic City went when they won", Fowler wrote in the Mirror.
"Just look at Roberto Firmino".
"I can tell you now, Jurgen Klopp noticed".
Guardiola said: "I don't know how far we are going to be because maybe (players) not playing the Carabao Cup will be easier for our recovery".
"We want to become a top, top club".
- Project CARS Studio Developing Its Own Standalone Console
- Madonna says she is ‘entitled to free agency’ over her body
- Kevin Spacey in court to face charges of groping teenage bus boy
- Five Children Heading To Disney World Killed In Fiery I-75 Crash
- Houston, TX: Police Seek Killer of 7-Year-Old African-American Girl
- New Year Brings New Windows 10 October Update Issues
- 'Bohemian Rhapsody's' big Golden Globes wins divides movie fans
- Former Patriots Ty Law, Richard Seymour Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalists
- Joe Flacco of Baltimore Ravens prepares for postseason run as backup quarterback
- Confirmed - Man United's team news for Reading clash - Duo will start