The actor on Monday was arraigned in Nantucket, Massachusetts, where he allegedly sexually assaulted an 18-year-old at a bar in 2016.
Kevin Spacey is in court.
The judge also granted a request by Spacey's lawyers to preserve the victim's mobile phone data from the six months following the alleged July 7, 2016 assault.
According to TMZ, Spacey went before a judge in Nantucket, Massachusetts to enter his plea in the case. The next court date is scheduled for March 4, when a pretrial hearing will be held.
"The first time she ever heard of the allegations of sexual assault was when she saw the now-infamous press conference that the [alleged victim's] mother, Heather Unruh undertook with her civil lawyer a year later, " attorneys Alan J. Jackson and Juliane Balliro wrote.
It's the first criminal case brought against the 59-year-old after a string of sexual misconduct allegations crippled his career in 2017.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who performed in several Old Vic productions, said it seemed that "it only took a male under 30 to make Mr Spacey feel free to touch us".
Because of intense public interest in the case, a crowd packed into the small courtroom to see Spacey. He made a decision to come forward and tell police because he did not want what happened to him to happen to someone else, he said in the complaint.
"Coming out stories should not be used to deflect from allegations of sexual assault", Sarah Kate Ellis, president and chief executive officer of GLAAD tweeted at the time.
Judge Thomas Barrett warned the gallery not to disrupt the proceedings with cellphones or electronics as Spacey peered around the room smirking.
In court documents, obtained by The Telegraph, Spacey himself also asked the judge that he be exempt from court session, arguing that his presence would "amplify the negative publicity already generated in connection with the case".
Prosecutors announced charges against Spacey on Christmas Eve.
Spacey, 59, is now accused of more than a dozen sex assaults and is under investigation in Los Angeles and London.
In October 2017, actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed News that Spacey tried to sexually proposition him when he was 14 and Spacey was 26.
Later that day, the actor released video in which he appeared as his House of Cards character Frank Underwood. She said her son fled the restaurant when Spacey went to the bathroom.
- Madonna says she is ‘entitled to free agency’ over her body
- Coachella 2019 Headlined by Childish Gambino and Ariana Grande
- Apple is trying to steal business from China’s homegrown smartphone players
- Houston, TX: Police Seek Killer of 7-Year-Old African-American Girl
- Project CARS Studio Developing Its Own Standalone Console
- Kevin Hart is dishing on his Oscar Hosting Controversy with Ellen DeGeneres
- Man City's Fernandinho warns Liverpool: The pressure is on
- First close-ups of Ultima Thule reveal it resembles snowman
- Trump slams 'disgraceful' Democrat's impeachment vow
- New Year Brings New Windows 10 October Update Issues