Photo Credit: A look at one of the areas for its products that Google has set up at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Google is a leader in real-time translation functionality, though the field is still working on the basics. The feature will be rolling out in the next few weeks. Some of these languages are Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian, Thai, and Korean.
The company introduced Google Assistant Connect, which is a platform that manufacturers can easily build into their devices to make them Google voice assistant compatible.
Users will also be able to search for the places they go through during their trip and add a new stop.
Sonos has started a private beta test of Google Assistant on its smart speakers, and is looking to launch the integration to the public this year.
Google may be expanding the powers of its digital assistant for home devices and automotive accessories, but it hasn't forgotten about the smartphone. The Google Assistant is smart enough to understand the context and the whole experience was very slick. Like, the Sonos One and Sonos Beam speakers will be getting the Assistant. I watched it interpret conversations from English to Chinese and Chinese to German - Interpreter Mode supports translations between 27 different languages - using both voice and text.
Additionally, Anker and JBL are building auto accessories with Google Assistant support.
If you're an Android user, you'll see the biggest changes to messaging via the assistant, which can now read and reply to all messaging notifications you get.
After a few, brief announcements, we were invited to take a ride on the Google Assistant Ride and it was, well, interesting to say the least. You will be able to check in to your flight (United Airlines domestic at first) and retrieve boarding passes with Assistant. It'll also notify you when the check-in facility becomes available, so you can use your voice or do it manually.
- Kim Jong-un makes birthday visit to China
- Saudi woman fights Thai deportation, says life at risk in Kuwait
- Flights at Heathrow suspended after drone sighting
- Kevin Hart Won't Host The Oscars And Says He Won't Apologize Again
- Fox News host Shep Smith wasted no time fact-checking Trump's address
- Jamie Lee Curtis criticises 'Fiji Water Girl' for Golden Globes PR stunt
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Google Assistant reaches one billion devices
- HTC announces Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos
- Government shutdown: Democrats pan Trump's steel border wall concession