As some of Hollywood's biggest stars took to the red carpet ahead of the 76th annual Golden Globe awards Sunday night, a Canadian woman carrying a tray of bottled Fiji Water stole the spotlight after photobombing several celebrities, pouring herself into internet fame.
It's a common enough occurrence at awards shows, but Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't having any of it and this certainly wasn't her first red carpet.
"I don't believe you'll ever be "upstaged" by a Fiji Water Girl", one wrote. Her Instagram following is quickly growing thanks to her viral red carpet moment.
Cuthbert claims Fiji Water "got a good laugh out of it", and that she was flooded with selfie requests from after-party guests, so she definitely made an impact.
"I mean I think I had some weird expressions in some of them but no, majority could have been worse, definitely", Cuthbert reflected, adding that she also feels she's doesn't look great in every snap either. Fiji water's Twitter account even got in on the joke.
The winners of the night included Olivia Coleman for her role in The Favourite, Rami Malek for his lead role in Bohemian Rhampsody and Regina King for If Beale Street Could Talk. "You've got to angle", she said. "The Fiji Water girl is my fave model to work with", tweeted photographer Ema Suvajac. We mean it, she was everywhere.
It would seem that Fiji Water's influencer status would have jumped the shark after 2014, and yet there's something that keeps it cool-at least in the eyes of Instagram's lifestyle gurus.
"We've seen memes going back five, 10, 15 years that are still in common circulation today and there's no reason this can't be one of those".
- Fourth-tier Newport stun EPL side Leicester in FA Cup
- Ravens fans boo Lamar Jackson, chant for Joe Flacco
- Kim Jong-un makes birthday visit to China
- China-U.S. trade talks restart as warship clouds negotiations
- 'Bohemian Rhapsody's' big Golden Globes wins divides movie fans
- HTC announces Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos
- Abuse claims against singer R Kelly re-upped in new documentary
- Saudi woman fights Thai deportation, says life at risk in Kuwait
- Theresa May's Brexit deal to face 15 January vote
- Madonna says she is ‘entitled to free agency’ over her body