"If you ease off you don't have respect". "One or two goals we'll pick apart where we could've done better, especially the first one, but the gulf between the two teams is far too much to make up tonight".
"I take the cups seriously".
The Burton boss was realistic of his side's chances ahead of the tie, stating: "Honestly, we are just looking forward to enjoying the experience".
Nigel Clough managed to retain his sense of humour after Burton's 9-0 trouncing by stating he hoped Pep Guardiola had "more than one glass" of wine on offer for the post-match drink.
Son of legendary manager Brian Clough, who led Nottingham Forrest to win two European Cups, Clough was in his first spell in charge when Burton, then in English football's fifth tier, held a Manchester United boasting Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney 0-0 in the FA Cup in 2006.
The Catalan defended his decision not to start Phil Foden, claiming David Silva was in need of minutes after injury.
"I watched them play Liverpool and they were pretty frightening at times", he said.
And though his side could face as many as 65 fixtures if they went all the way in the cups, Guardiola said he would rather be fighting on multiple fronts as he believes momentum can apply across all competitions. "When you get to the semifinals and you have beaten Premier League teams and mythic teams like Aston Villa or Middlesbrough, the reason why they are here they deserve incredible credit". We kept going right to the end, they were shouting "we want 10" and we stopped them, that's a positive for us. We didn't expect to score as many but it's great. "That says an bad lot about them".
The task is massive for Burton, but you just never know.
After setting up Walker for City's eighth, Mahrez completed Burton's misery with a goal of his own, the Algeria global poking the ball past Collins to round out a one-sided semi-final encounter. "But we still have an outside chance of achieving a miracle, and that's what we'll try for".
- Saudi woman fights Thai deportation, says life at risk in Kuwait
- Chinese space probe makes historic touchdown on dark side of Moon
- Josh McDaniels to Remain With Patriots Through 2019
- Captain Marvel TV Trailer Unleashes Exciting New Photon Blasting Footage
- $140-Billon Divorce! Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos & Wife MacKenzie Split
- Government shutdown: Democrats pan Trump's steel border wall concession
- Flights at Heathrow suspended after drone sighting
- Arsenal linked with Juventus defender as part of Ramsey deal
- Theresa May's Brexit deal to face 15 January vote
- Four things we learned from Manchester City vs Liverpool