Trump's nine-minute-long address was followed by a four-minute-long speech by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY). "They can't watch every inch of the border, so that would help them take more control of the whole situation". The legislation was seen as a potential first step toward passing comprehensive immigration reform.
Trump stopped short of an emergency declaration in his televised speech but repeated his assertion that illegal immigrants and drugs flowing across the southern border are a serious threat to American safety. The federal government partially shut down on December 22 when Senate Democrats refused to support a House-passed bill that set aside $5.7 billion for security on the U.S. -Mexico border.
"How much more American blood must we shared before Congress does its job?"
Late in the day, Democratic and Republican congressional leaders were to return to the White House to meet with him and renew negotiations that have shown no apparent progress in the past week.
He also called to secure the funds necessary to build his long-promised wall along the border with Mexico, and blamed the Democrats for the current government shutdown. "Then-Senator Obama voted for it. Senator Schumer voted for it. Senator Clinton voted for it".
"I think certainly I have expressed more than a few times the frustrations with a government shutdown and how useless it is, " Capito said Tuesday. "But they are not going to fool Donald Trump who has got tougher than Pelosi and Schumer".
"The shutdown is harming the American people, the business community, and the economy", Chamber executive vice president Neil Bradley told Congress in a letter, according to CNN. "The Democrats, for political reasons and power reasons, they've changed because they want to drag us all off the cliff with them".
"Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer struggle across the country to relate to Americans and that's a little bit concerning to me as a Democrat", Feldman asserted. Pence would not say whether Mr. Trump is any closer to declaring a national emergency to free up funding for his wall, something the president has considered doing.
Levin said USA corporations including Disney, Hewlett Packard and Boeing are all part of the "scam" of bringing illegal aliens into the country. The problem? They were very stern and reminded us all of that time we upset our parents and had that "we're not angry, just ... disappointed" talk, which is, arguably, worse. They fooled Bush 41. "But they are not going to fool Donald Trump who has dealt with tougher than Pelosi and Schumer".
- Ocasio-Cortez Radical 70 Percent Tax on Rich Embraced by Coulter
- Chinese space probe makes historic touchdown on dark side of Moon
- Flights at Heathrow suspended after drone sighting
- Government shutdown: Democrats pan Trump's steel border wall concession
- Kelly's Manager Accused of Threatening Parents of 'Surviving R. Kelly'
- Jamie Lee Curtis criticises 'Fiji Water Girl' for Golden Globes PR stunt
- Apple is trying to steal business from China’s homegrown smartphone players
- Kevin Hart Won't Host The Oscars And Says He Won't Apologize Again
- Google Assistant reaches one billion devices
- Saudi woman fights Thai deportation, says life at risk in Kuwait