"Over the a year ago, Her Royal Highness has held meetings and conducted private visits with each of these organisations", the Palace said.
"The Duchess of Sussex announced as our new Royal Patron"'.
Meghan looked thrilled walking through the racks of clothing and choosing from a number of accessories, including many handbags and costume jewellery.
Meghan's bump was on display in a tight black midi dress which she teamed with an Oscar de la Renta trench coat.
"The Queen has held the roles for 45 and 33 years respectively", the palace said in a statement.
Amanda has explained that the way a woman is carrying her baby can indicate whether she is going to have a baby boy or girl.
On the furry friends side, Markle becomes the royal patron of The Mayhew, an organization dedicated to animal welfare for pets. The organization also helps outfit women with professional clothes for job interviews.
The current five flats are being turned into one family home for Meghan and Harry, and their little one who is due in a few months. "They're excited to raise children in the country".
PA Wire/PA Images Meghan picks out a bracelet during her visit. And, crucially, royal patrons and presidents have reputations for tirelessly hosting fundraisers after fundraisers.
The mother-to-be is showing no signs of slowing down despite her pregnancy.
The attention that having a royal patron often brings to a charity can be transformative.
The Duchess of Sussex spent ten years working in television but her training is in theatre.
Now, it's Meghan's turn to focus eyes on charities of her choosing.
Smart Works is a charity that, in the five years since its inception, has helped 11,000 women across seven United Kingdom locations.
During her royal outing, the former Suits star took the time to greet members, listen to what they do, and spoke about the importance of helping other women.
- Everything that Samsung announced at CES 2019
- Flights at Heathrow suspended after drone sighting
- Lebron James Will Miss Another Week Due To Groin Injury
- Josh McDaniels to Remain With Patriots Through 2019
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Fox News host Shep Smith wasted no time fact-checking Trump's address
- HTC announces Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos
- Markets slip as US-China trade negotiations end
- Kelly's Manager Accused of Threatening Parents of 'Surviving R. Kelly'
- Ravens fans boo Lamar Jackson, chant for Joe Flacco