While the Assistant has always been able to do quick translation of few words, it wasn't of much help during a conversation.
"With Interpreter Mode, a new feature rolling out over the next few weeks on Google Home devices and Smart Displays, you can ask the Google Assistant to help you have a conversation in dozens of languages". On the other hand, at CES 2019, Google also presented the new Google Assistant interpreter mode which permits users to translate phrases in real-time.
Google's virtual assistant will tie-up with Google Maps for better navigation.
It's true. Google's Amazon Alexa-rivalling voice assistant has cropped up on the spec sheets of many products announced at CES this week, including Samsung TVs, JBL's Link Bar and the Klipsch Dolby Atmos soundbar.
Users can also book rooms with partners like Expedia and Travelclick. Currently, this feature is currently live in the US on both Android and iOS.
While Sonos users will soon be able to choose between Alexa and Google on their devices, Sonos is hoping to go one further and eradicate that choice.
The Consumer Electronics Show has only just begun and still has a long way to go before it is curtains on January 11 and one can not wait to see Google's pending announcements in the next few days of the show. The Android enthusiasm started with the original Motorola Droid, but the tech enthusiasm now covers just about everything. It's part of a big promotional booth for the Google Assistant, which is the thing that talks back to you when you talk to your phone or Google home.
On smartphone devices, Google would also allow Google Assistant to help users even f the devices are locked.
Assistant Connect is set to increase the assistant's presence by building its features into more devices, although, in this case, the devices are created to connect to an existing Assistant device, rather than operating independently.
By using Google Assistant on your phone, you can get restaurant recommendations, turn off alarms and schedule reminders, without having to unlock the handset. Google also announced support for McAfee's Secure Home Platform, Rheem's Econet Smart Thermostat, the Côr 7C thermostat by Carrier, eMotorWerk's JuiceBox Level 2 and SolarEdge's EV Charging Solar Inverter. The new features include flight check-in, hotel bookings, and expanded locks screen access.
- Ravens fans boo Lamar Jackson, chant for Joe Flacco
- Harrington: "I have to find an edge as Ryder Cup captain"
- Pompeo: 'If we have to, we will strike Syria'
- HTC announces Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos
- Camden County Will Continue to Give Flu Shots Through February
- Kelly's Manager Accused of Threatening Parents of 'Surviving R. Kelly'
- Trump Threw 'Temper Tantrum' After Dems Refused Border Wall, Chuck Schumer Says
- Rami Malek reacts to Nicole Kidman Golden Globes snub
- Astronomers intercept mysterious repeating radio signals from space
- Daughter of Brandon Mebane of Los Angeles Chargers dies after seven weeks