The pop superstar, who has been nominated for Leading Actress at the 2019 EE BAFTAs next month, took to Twitter to release an emotional statement about the controversial singer. Kelly could also be facing an investigation in Georgia, CNN reported.
"I definitely believe he will face the music".
Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, said that she wanted to "create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn't processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life".
Kelly has not been charged with any offence in relation to the latest accusations.
When asked if Kelly denies having a sexual relationship with someone under the age of consent, Greenberg replied, "Yes, he absolutely does".
Gaga, however, stood by Kelly at the time. The Cook County state attorney's office said at least two women have since come forward alleging inappropriate conduct by Kelly in 2002 at the warehouse and a home on the South Side in the mid-1980s. "In a way, this was a bond between us".
If that didn't bury the first verse's feminist critique of women's sexualisation by the media fast enough, the music video knocks it another few feet under.
Yet, after years of proclaiming to support victims of sexual assault, it begins to undo a hypocrisy.
"Do what I want, do what I want with your body". "I'm putting you under, and when you wake up, you're going to be pregnant".
"Well actually I've been living in Chicago and spending a lot of time there, and that's where R. Kelly hails from".
In an interview on "The Karen Hunter Show" earlier this week, the series' executive producer, dream hampton, brought up Gaga.
Gaga said her collaboration with R. Kelly on the song "Do What U Want (With My Body)" was made during a dark period in her life.
Though it was titled "I Admit", the marathon song was nonetheless heavier on denials than acknowledgement as the star vented frustration over the stream of allegations against him.
"I hope and pray that the DA makes a move quick from out of Chicago or out of Atlanta because at this point, he may be leaving the country with these girls and whoever to try to flee from this situation", said Timothy Savage. "I embrace all survivors of sexual and domestic violence and abuse holding a special place in my heart, and you @ladygaga, for doing the right thing!"
- CES 2019: JBL Link Drive Brings Google Assistant To Any Car
- Vic Fangio Named Denver Broncos Head Coach
- Fox News host Shep Smith wasted no time fact-checking Trump's address
- Jamie Lee Curtis criticises 'Fiji Water Girl' for Golden Globes PR stunt
- Kevin Hart Won't Host The Oscars And Says He Won't Apologize Again
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Astronomers intercept mysterious repeating radio signals from space
- Trump to `address nation` on border crisis
- Rami Malek reacts to Nicole Kidman Golden Globes snub
- Meghan Markle Wears First Maternity Dress During Pregnancy