I said the players are hard to motivate but by the same token there are players who are sensible, who will listen and won't take it the wrong way.
Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette has insisted his side with fight on to the end, in the race for a top four finish.
Sarri insists the mentality of his players must improve, hinting at personnel changes before the January transfer window is over.
While Chelsea's motivation was called into question, Granit Xhaka praised the collective character of the Arsenal players, who got back to winning ways after losing at West Ham. "I think we might even have someone who is capable of embodying the characteristics I have talked about".
Change could come from a new player, or leadership, Sarri said. The offensive phase starts with Kepa [Arrizabalaga], and then with us the defenders, with everybody.
"I'm not saying that Chelsea is an easy team to play against, but it's an easy team to analyse".
"He moved the ball a little bit [slower] than before, but I think that it's normal. We had a similar issue against Tottenham in the league". I'm the person responsible for the team, of course. We have the players. "This is never going to be a team well known for its battling and fighting qualities", Sarri added.
"From a technical point of view both teams are on the same level, but they were more determined". If any player is afraid of that then they should not be playing at this level.
The Spain full-back believes "silly" errors led to the loss and knows the players need to respond immediately as they head into the second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final on Thursday, trailing 1-0 to Tottenham on aggregate.
"We are a team that should be playing one or two touches".
"Don't get me wrong, we could have lost that game anyway, but we could have lost it for tactical reasons", he said.
Bernd Leno has remained Emery's first choice 'keeper after taking advantage of Petr Cech's injury during the first half of the campaign, and we expect the German global to retain his place in between the sticks for the remainder of the season. "We have had a few games in which we have struggled to score goals so we must have the humility to improve and to work more".
- Roger Federer overpowers Evans in round 2 of Australian Open
- Netflix shares fall following weak first quarter forecast
- Netflix criticised for using real disaster footage in Bird Box
- Trump grounds House speaker, scraps Davos trip amid shutdown
- Trump calls for expanded missile defense program
- Fort Campbell soldier among Americans killed in Syrian explosion
- 21 dead, dozens injured after pipeline explosion in Mexico
- Microsoft will finally kill off Windows Phone support this year
- Trump sends letter to Kim Jong
- Talks resume as Los Angeles teachers' strike runs for fourth day