In December of 2018, Nintendo took 55% of the hardware market share. Ultimate and the Switch hardware itself sold in quantities that could legitimately be called "record-breaking".
With Nintendo Switch eShop prices recently increased in our country we suggest holding off on pre-ordering until the reviews for these upcoming titles are in.
A translation by website Nintendo Everything has him saying simply, 'We are not considering a successor or a price cut at this time'.
That means PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or even 3DS at its peak never had a December this big.
According to data from industry-tracking firm The NPD Group, the Switch was officially the best-selling games platform in the U.S. last December and throughout 2018.
NPD didn't release the exact sales number for Smash, but it gave us enough to roughly figure it out.
"Everyone at Chucklefish is truly humbled by the support we've received throughout the development of Wargroove, and the encouragement to keep going until we were truly happy with the game", the team said in a Chucklefish blog post celebrating the reveal of Wargroove's release date. Also now on the Switch is Unruly Heroes, a 2D platforming game made by some of the devs that made the Rayman games.
New numbers from the NPD Group show that 2018 was a standout year for Nintendo.
Wii ended up selling over 100 million units, all told.
What's interesting about this success is that Nintendo achieved it with Mario, and Smash, and Zelda, and Pokemon.
CrossCode, which would have probably been one of my top three games of 2018 had I not started playing it in 2019, is the most exciting news in this morning's Nintendo indies video. The new report comes from Digitimes' sources who have knowledge of Nintendo's Switch supply chain. In the translation, in response to a question on how Nintendo will reach its 20 million unit sales goal within the fiscal year, Furukawa states "It is an extremely ambitious, but worthwhile achievement".
"Nintendo Switch ends 2018 as the year's best-selling hardware platform in both units and dollars", Piscatella continues.
- Trump temporarily ends shutdown without border wall money
- FAA Orders Ground Stop at LaGuardia Due to 'Staffing Shortages'
- Facebook to merge Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram
- Dam collapse floods Brazil community with mining waste
- Wind Chills Near Zero Friday; More Snow Looking Ahead
- Nadal routs Tsitsipas to reach Australian Open final
- Pelosi: The State of the Union Still Isn't Happening
- Dyson moves headquarters to Singapore from the United Kingdom ahead of Brexit
- After a lifetime of dirty tricks, Roger Stone finally takes a fall
- Canada ambassador walks back comments on Huawai executive