Once snow moves out, expect mostly cloudy skies through the rest of the day with temperatures slowly climbing.
Monday and Tuesday bring back the snow and cold with temperatures around -17 C.
A light batch of snow moved across North Alabama and South Tennessee this morning, leaving a light dusting of snow behind for some of us! In these areas, a coating to one inch will be possible.
The advisory ended around 3 p.m. Snow is expected to continue throughout the morning commute Tuesday.
"There is increasing confidence in significant, bitterly cold air arriving in the Northern Plains, Midwest and Great Lakes in the middle of next week", the NWS said. Highs by Friday afternoon will stay below zero.
We'll turn really cold and pretty windy at times Wednesday, meaning that morning lows in the teens will feel even colder than that. This will bring some showers to central Virginia by late in the day.
This Cold Warning will remain in effect until the low temperature for the day is projected to be above -15°C.
We'll also challenge some record lows mid-week; a bit less windy Thursday but still frigid with highs near 0 and lows in the single digits below 0. At least it's a MUCH lighter snow than we've seen the previous two weekends. Extreme Cold Weather Alerts are issued when the temperature in the daily forecast is estimated to reach approximately -15 degrees Celsius or colder, or when the wind chill is forecast to reach -20 or colder.
- FAA Orders Ground Stop at LaGuardia Due to 'Staffing Shortages'
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Pelosi: The State of the Union Still Isn't Happening
- Djokovic through to semi after Nishikori retires
- Facebook to merge Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram
- Nadal routs Tsitsipas to reach Australian Open final
- Germany: Venezuela needs fair, free elections or Guaido should be interim leader
- Top smartphones for gaming
- How to watch Manchester United v Arsenal with ESPN+ for free