Because of this a Wind Chill Advisory will start at 6:00 p.m. and last until 9:00 a.m. Friday.
Lake effect snow showers linger through the night north of US 6. High temperatures will be around 20 this afternoon with a low around 8 expected tonight. Light snow is also possible early Saturday, Saturday night into Sunday, and Sunday night into Monday. Lows will fall into the single digits for most of the area and the wind chill should dip below zero.
Risky wind chill readings, around 3 degrees at 8 a.m. and 6 degrees at 9 a.m., were in Wyandotte County this morning.
"1-2" of snow is likely by Saturday morning.
The National Weather Service's "Wind Chill Chart" shows how quickly frostbite can occur. Temperatures will return to the teens on Monday, and then cool right back down by Tuesday.
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of lake effect snow showers.
Friday will be a cloudy, breezy day.
Parts of the United States are dealing with incredibly cold temperatures ahead of the weekend. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 16.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 leaks again with a Blockchain KeyStore for cryptocurrency wallets
- FAA Orders Ground Stop at LaGuardia Due to 'Staffing Shortages'
- Sleep deprivation accelerates Alzheimer's brain damage
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Snow in Bossier's Forecast Late Monday, Early Tuesday
- Djokovic through to semi after Nishikori retires
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Germany: Venezuela needs fair, free elections or Guaido should be interim leader
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Top smartphones for gaming