Sanchez was making his comeback from a hamstring injury and bagged an impressive goal on his Emirates Stadium return to set United on the way to a 3-1 FA Cup fourth-round win.
The Norwegian has won his opening eight games as caretaker, with United having never fallen behind under him yet his status now remains as the temporary No 1.
On top of that, United have played some eye-catching football, while their devastating counter-attacks in Friday's 3-1 FA Cup win at Arsenal showed a side to the team very rarely seen since Alex Ferguson's retirement nearly six years ago.
Burnley are scheduled to take on Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday in their next Premier League clash.
Paul Pogba remains in top form in his new more advanced position, and with United now just three points off the top four, you would have to consider them as favourites to finish above both Chelsea and Arsenal.
It was just Sanchez's second goal of the season after a hard start to his career at Old Trafford.
"The players have a clear mentality and are aware of most things".
'I don't know why his performances or quality is better or worse in these circumstances.
With eight wins in eight games, Ole has surely changed the mood and tempo at Manchester United.
Barnes and Wood have struggled to score goals consistently this season, but a good game against the Red Devils could be a confidence booster for the remainder of the season.
'Alexis is a very good player and when I was at PSG, we thought he could help us'.
"However, I think I focused on the fact that I wanted to be better the next time the opportunity arose". But now, they are very risky and in a very good moment'. "I'm happy for him because he must understand he is a very important player for us".
'From Tottenham to Arsenal the way we improved the structure, the way the ideas, we get to know each other more and they get to know me and what I want from the team.
- Sleep deprivation accelerates Alzheimer's brain damage
- Novak Djokovic tops Rafael Nadal to win 7th Australian Open title
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Chelsea FC v Sheffield Wednesday
- Venezuela chaos: Oil prices inch up with rising turmoil
- Ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone arrested on Mueller indictment
- Facebook to merge Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram
- After a lifetime of dirty tricks, Roger Stone finally takes a fall
- FAA Orders Ground Stop at LaGuardia Due to 'Staffing Shortages'
- Nunes: State of the Union Controversy Shows 'Weak' Pelosi
- Heated debate delays Greek vote on Macedonian name-change deal