Special counsel Robert Mueller and the USA attorney for the District of Columbia have accused Stone of lying to congressional investigators about his communications regarding WikiLeaks' publication of stolen emails meant to damage Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in 2016.
The charging documents in the Stone case said a senior Trump campaign official "was directed to contact Stone about any additional releases and what other damaging information" WikiLeaks had about Clinton's campaign. Lauderdale, Florida, home. "I would have been able to wear a suit and tie for my mug shot, it would have looked a lot better". Lauderdale home that a team of Federal Bureau of Investigation agents raided early Friday morning before he was charged with a seven-count indictment including lying to Congress, obstruction of justice and witness tampering.
However, "not everyone thought Donald Trump folded like an origami swan", said Colbert. The source told Fox News that home arrests typically take place early in the morning with a team of Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in protective gear, adding that Stone's situation was "nothing out of the ordinary". After obtaining information about Wikileaks dumping the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's hacked emails from Credico, Stone allegedly reported the information to Bannon, who was then-chief executive of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.
"Roger Stone refuses to be pressured into testifying against President Trump", the ask continues.
Last Friday, a judge granted Stone a $250,000 bond, and ordered him to only travel within South Florida, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
"Again, I think it is created to intimidate me or perhaps seek personal information that can be used to embarrass me that has nothing to do with Wikileaks, Russia, the 2016 campaign or anything else".
The real estate tycoon was a client of the lobbying firm Black, Manafort and Stone beginning in the 1980s, and admitted in the recent documentary Get Me Roger Stone that the Republican operative has long groomed him for a run for political office. WikiLeaks published thousands of the emails in various dumps. Mueller is the single-most powerful person in America, and yet nobody voted for him.
Stone has repeatedly denied conspiring with WikiLeaks, asking on Friday on CNN: "Where is the WikiLeaks collaboration?" That is, the day after Stone is alleged to have made several false statements while under oath.
"There is no circumstance whatsoever under which I will bear false witness against the president", the 66-year-old said.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Apple FaceTime Bug Allows Callers to Hear and See Before People Answer
- Pelosi trying to hold State of the Union 'hostage,' Rep. Scalise says
- U.S. charges Huawei with violating sanctions and stealing trade secrets
- Sen. Kamala Harris town hall with CNN’s Jake Tapper
- After a lifetime of dirty tricks, Roger Stone finally takes a fall
- Venezuela crisis: Trump plans to SIEZE Nicolas Maduro's wealth, risking infuriating Russian Federation
- Rams cornerback on Tom Brady: ‘Age has definitely taken a toll.’
- Zac Efron Debuts Bleached Blonde Hair at Sundance Film Festival 2019!
- National Football League playoff ‘do-over’ lawsuit moved to federal court