A warning of sleet, snow and ice for all of Sussex has been issued by the Met Office.
The Met Office said subzero temperatures across the country are expected, with readings expected to be as low as -7C (19.4F) in rural areas of Scotland.
"Probably some ice on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths".
Many London councils have been preparing for the conditions with Tower Hamlets stocking up on one and a half thousand tons of grit.
While there hasn't been any further weather warnings issued for Thursday yet, it looks set to see showers rain, sleet and snow will gradually spread from the southwest. Expect 1-3 cm of fresh snow even down to very low levels in places.
Where are the Met Office weather warnings today?.
There has already been significant snowfall in some parts of the Highlands and the snow gates on the A939 between Cock Bridge and Tomintoul were closed on Monday afternoon.
Yellow weather warnings are also in place for Wales and the north and west of England from midday until 11:00 on Wednesday. "As this clears, ice is likely to form on some surfaces on Wednesday morning".
The Met Office warns roads and railways are likely to be affected with severe delays and the possibility of some cancellations.
Further showers are predicted for Wednesday for western coasts but secondary low pressure coming in on Thursday could bring a "further covering" of snow.
"Snow is possible across most parts of the country at times, with the potential for some occasionally disruptive snow, although there is uncertainty in any detail".
Police Scotland urged drivers to "exercise extra caution" and check for updates online.
Forecasters predict cloud, heavy and light rain, icy conditions and below freezing temperatures.
- Venezuela chaos: Oil prices inch up with rising turmoil
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Heated debate delays Greek vote on Macedonian name-change deal
- Novak Djokovic tops Rafael Nadal to win 7th Australian Open title
- Pelosi trying to hold State of the Union 'hostage,' Rep. Scalise says
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Snow 'likely' in North Devon this week says Met Office
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Apple FaceTime Bug Allows Callers to Hear and See Before People Answer
- Wind Chills Near Zero Friday; More Snow Looking Ahead