India again asserted its superiority over the Black Caps with its third comprehensive one-day global victory in a week, as the tourists won by seven wickets at the Bay Oval at Mount Maunganui yesterday, clinching the five-game series.
While vice-captain Rohit Sharma (62) and Kohli (60) scored individual half-centuries, it was an unbeaten 77-run partnership for the fourth wicket between Ambati Rayudu (40) and Dinesh Karthik (38) which saw India sealing the chase. You have to acknowledge that they're going to bowl good balls and that you can catch up later on, with wickets in hand, and that's what we did today.
New Zealand were bundled out for 243 in 49 overs and put up a target of 244 for India. This match was India's 47th ODI win under Kohli's captaincy.
"India are a step up in opposition". It's been a very hectic Australian tour and now I go on a break very happy 3-0 up sealing the series. Astle, 32, featured in the ODI squad that played against Pakistan last November but was ruled out before the first game with a knee injury. Latham made 51 and Taylor 93 in a stand which began after another poor top-order performance and ended ahead of a limp finish as Taylor fell in the 46th over, just as New Zealand needed to lift its scoring rate.
Taylor struggled to negotiate Pandya - playing his first global match since September - and Chahal in a tidy period which yielded 1/28 in ten overs.
A World Cup berth should be his if he can spark a change in fortunes in the two remaining matches. His time away from team seems to have done him a world of good with regards to his concentration and that can only be a good thing for India. "Hopefully, they can bring in a new edge to the team", Taylor said.
New Zealand's chances have improved with the premature return home of superstar Indian skipper Virat Kohli, who has been rested.
"If you play them in the first game of World Cup, then these things (series win) matters but if they have had a great tournament before they play us, the series is not a guarantee that we will have an upper hand against them in the World Cup", he signed off. "New Zealand is a good team, but India were better", Harbhajan said.
"He brings a lot of balance to the Indian side". We back ourselves to keep wickets with the bat, which we haven't been able to.
- Matthew Whitaker: Mueller Probe 'Close To Being Completed'
- Venezuela crisis: Trump plans to SIEZE Nicolas Maduro's wealth, risking infuriating Russian Federation
- United States warns of 'serious consequences' after Venezuela moves against Guaido
- Democrats fear Trump re-election if ex-Starbucks CEO Schultz runs
- Trump Calls Venezuela’s New President, Encourages People to Protest Against Maduro
- Former Trump's Advisor to cooperate in Mueller's investigation
- Apple FaceTime Bug Allows Callers to Hear and See Before People Answer
- USA gives control over bank accounts to Venezuela challenger
- MPs reject bid to delay Brexit by extending Article 50
- Apple busts Facebook for distributing data-sucking app