For those who do not want to wait until October to experience this new development, Bettman said viewers will get a glimpse of the NHL's future during the broadcast of the All-Star Game on Saturday night. And she went even faster (14.226 seconds) in the lap she skated Thursday night as a demonstration of the event.
Coyne Schofield plays for the Minnesota Whitecaps of the National Women's Hockey League, and has scored five goals in 11 games this season.
Coyne Schofield shut up a lot of them, however.
Kendall Coyne Schofield of the U.S. Women's National Team replaced Nathan MacKinnon of the Colorado Avalanche in the Fastest Skater competition after the 2018 Hart Trophy finalist withdrew from the event due to a foot ailment. The Edmonton Oilers' Leon Draisaitl won the event with a time of 1:09 and was awarded the $25,000 prize from the league.
"I thought she was unbelievable", McDavid said. If the live broadcast left uncertainty about her speed, the reaction shots of the benches, peopled by about 40 of the best hockey players in the world, assuaged it. "She was a really good skater and that was an fantastic thing for the game to see her participate like that in an event like this". Coyne Schofield finished seventh in a field that also included Cam Atkinson, Mat Barzal, Jack Eichel, Miro Heiskanen, Clayton Keller and Elias Pettersson.
The second moment, and perhaps the most impressive moment of the evening, sadly wasn't shown on NBCSN. The night was highlighted by Brianna Decker's pinpoint performance in the passing event and Kendall Coyne Schofield's all-out flight around the rink in the fastest skater competition.
UPDATED: Coyne recorded a 14.346 time, which didn't win.
Now, the victor of each event receives $25,000.
Overall, a pretty good weekend for women's hockey. Draisaitl ought to consider donating that $25,000 he won as well. "Part of this event is to grow hockey, and the step she took tonight to help hockey is going to go miles down the road".
Rebbeca Johnston of Team Canada, who also plays for the Inferno, demonstrated the infamously hard puck control relay. They found themselves asleep at the wheel again. As captain of the Central Division he suggested Schofield take his place in the fastest skater competition. That's something fans of women's hockey have known and many men's hockey fans have denied.
Consider watching some women's hockey, as their best players just proved they belong on the same stage as the male counterparts.
- Former Trump's Advisor to cooperate in Mueller's investigation
- Djokovic eyes Federers Grand Slam record | newkerala.com #94856
- Australia recognises Juan Guaidó as Venezuela president
- Yellow weather warning for snow and ice in Wrexham extended until Friday
- US Charges Huawei for Technology Theft & Violating Sanctions, China Rebukes "Unreasonable Crackdown"
- Rams cornerback on Tom Brady: ‘Age has definitely taken a toll.’
- Former Starbucks CEO ‘seriously thinking' of running for president
- Apple busts Facebook for distributing data-sucking app
- USA gives control over bank accounts to Venezuela challenger
- Threatening cold to bring 'dangerous to impossible travel conditions' this week