Siewert says he was proud of his side after their defeat to Everton, and picked out Jordan Pickford for special praise after their 1-0 home loss in the Premier League.
The Italian vented his frustration by locking his players in the dressing room after the game and launching a tirade that lasted close to an hour.
His side, with Gonzalo Higuain given a Premier League debut but then substituted, had controlled the first half.
Despite being a highly-rated player, Hudson-Odoi has so far only made 15 appearances in all competitions for the Blues, scoring two goals.
"We need to understand the problem and solve it".
He continued: 'For him it's very hard to play in only one position. The player is in the prime of his playing career and his stock now considerably higher after delivering solid performances for the Belgian national team at last summer's 2018 Russia World Cup.
"Maybe it is my fault that I am not able to motivate them".
Gary Cahill and Andreas Christensen have been nearly completely frozen out in recent times and it is fair to say that Sarri would love to have a ball playing and athletic centre-back like Ake at his disposal. He likes to go to the ball, he wants the ball on the feet, so I think it's very hard to play as a striker but also as a winger.
Man of the match Brooks did a similar marking job on Jorginho to the one executed successfully by Richarlison, Dele Alli and Aaron Ramsey earlier in the season, while Howe afterwards revealed he had instructed his players not to worry if Chelsea had the ball. We are very angry. We have four wingers.
The pair have fallen out of favour under Maurizio Sarri but Chelsea remain hopeful they could be moved out of the club on transfer deadline day.
"We have only to say sorry to our fans", he said. "We can lose, of course, in every match, but not in this way". He hasn't won a thing, yet he feels it necessary to public criticise his players' mentalities and motivation. Now here I am frustrating Sarri.
- 'Go back to school': Trump lashes out at USA intelligence chiefs
- Trump Calls Venezuela’s New President, Encourages People to Protest Against Maduro
- Matthew Whitaker: Mueller Probe 'Close To Being Completed'
- McDavid wins Fastest Skater again; Coyne finishes seventh
- Sen. Kamala Harris town hall with CNN’s Jake Tapper
- Rams cornerback on Tom Brady: ‘Age has definitely taken a toll.’
- US Charges Huawei for Technology Theft & Violating Sanctions, China Rebukes "Unreasonable Crackdown"
- Australia recognises Juan Guaidó as Venezuela president
- USA gives control over bank accounts to Venezuela challenger
- State of emergency declared in Washington state amid measles outbreak