I would prefer to be out in front like we were last season. Yes we have got into the top four and are doing better than anticipated.
The January transfer window is now over with the English Premier League outfit securing only one player before it was shut down. Ahead of their crucial, much-anticipated game against Manchester City, the coach was asked if he would again captain Mesut Ozil. "With Ramsey going out, Suarez can come in and play in a similar sort of position but the place they really needed strengthening was in defence", Smith told Sky Sports.
The 25-year-old, who made one senior appearance for City during an earlier spell at the club, was the only arrival for Arsenal - who were hamstrung by having no money to spend on permanent signings.
"Different manner of playing, but with very big organisation, very big managers and also very big players".
"So I think a lot will depend on him, obviously, but I think a lot will depend also on how well he fits with those players around him in the rest of the midfield".
Where Will Ozil Fit In With Purchase of Suarez? Emery Answers In Press Conference
City will move two points behind leaders Liverpool if they return to winning ways at the Etihad on Sunday. Pass it up they did though with that 1-1 draw and there are plenty of nerves around amongst the Liverpool faithful, despite that five point lead.
"They have lost some matches but I think that was an accident".
A lethargic display at Newcastle, produced with defeats by Crystal Palace and Leicester City fresh in the memory, raised questions as to whether City can meet that challenge. They are playing at home and for us it will be very hard. But we want to show everybody we can play.
"It's a big injury, it's a long time", Emery said. I usually did my relationship with the player first like a professional relationship, and second like a person.
"I have analysed a lot of teams and coaches and I think it's hard to find one coach who is better than Guardiola", Emery was quoted by FourFourTwo as saying at pre-match press conference on Friday.
- Pelosi Would be 'BEGGING' for the Wall If Not for Tijuana Barrier
- U.S. produces new nuclear warhead while accusing Russian Federation of violating INF treaty
- Markets Right Now: Stocks sink on China slowdown fears
- At least 12 dead as Arctic freeze spreads into US Northeast
- Virginia governor says he wasn’t in racist photo
- Anthony Martial: Man Utd forward signs new contract until 2024
- 'Go back to school': Trump lashes out at USA intelligence chiefs
- Tom Brady admits he is 'beyond blessed' ahead of ninth Super Bowl
- Kyrie Irving open to reunion with LeBron James
- Is India the team to beat at the ICC World Cup?