The princess and her husband Prince Harry visited the charity One25 under conditions of strict secrecy limiting knowledge of their presence to a small core.
"The Duchess of Sussex will become patron of four organizations that reflect the causes and issues with which she has always been associated including the arts, access to education, support for women and animal welfare", the palace tweeted.
Using a black pen, she wrote "You are courageous!" At One25, Meghan and Harry helped pack care packages with warm clothing, hot water bottles, condoms and lunches for women who are living on the streets. "Ballerina Ocean, I think you are going to be everyone's favorite person of the day".
The bananas were among the things inside the snack bags that the charity handed out the women that One25 helps. "It's lush", she said. "I have an idea", the Duchess of Sussex reportedly said. "It is heartwarming, and makes you think that these women are not forgotten and not cared about". During her reign the Queen has held patronage over 600 institutions and over the last couple years distributing responsibility among other members of the royal family.
The couple's reaction to the boy's swearing is another indication of the more relaxed approach to interacting with the public that Meghan and Harry are keen to foster.
A source previously told the outlet that Markle is "full of energy and is in good spirits" as she enters the latter half of her pregnancy.
She added following the visit that Harry and Meghan had been "very moved" to hear of the women's stories. It is survival more than anything. They were lovely people.
- Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring
- Virginia governor says he wasn’t in racist photo
- Top Venezuelan general recognizes Juan Guaido as president, encourages military to defect
- Time to come home: Trump defends troops withdrawal from Middle East
- Tom Brady admits he is 'beyond blessed' ahead of ninth Super Bowl
- ICC announces fixtures for Men's T20 World Cup 2020
- Fed Shifts to 'Patient' Policy on Rate Hikes
- Ryan Fox finishes sixth at Saudi International as Dustin Johnson holds on
- Foreign Secretary: Brexit may have to be delayed
- Huawei’s foldable phone with 5G support to launch at MWC 2019