Dustin Johnson is hoping to use his Saudi International triumph as a springboard for success in the build-up to the WGC-Mexico Championship. For most of the day, Johnson, the world No 3, appeared certain to enjoy a handsome lead going into today's final round.
Li then snatched the lead heading into the back nine when he birdied the ninth before both dropped shots at the 10th, where Lewis birdied to revive his chances of a third victory on the European Tour and his first outside of Portugal. Past year he failed to complete victory at the Pro-Am, which he won in 2009 and 2010, despite heading into the final day tied for the lead with Ted Potter Jr.
After struggling on the greens throughout his first round on Thursday afternoon, Johnson made full use of the calm morning conditions and the fresh greens, converting one eagle and seven birdies.
"Collectively, our group was probably the worst putting round I've seen for three professional golfers in a long, long time", said Rose, who played alongside Koepka and former British Open champion Henrik Stenson (68). "I'm very pleased with it".
"It got me a European Tour event under my belt early, and I knew I had a month off after it". The rule declares that "players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by acting with integrity, showing consideration to others and taking good care of the course".
"Those eagles, especially the last couple shots, were really solid", Li said, "but except (from) that, honestly, my play wasn't that good". "I'd take that any day".
Li, who had his own disciplinary issues in Dubai last week when he received a two-shot penalty for having his caddie line up a putt, said he was "very, very lucky" to become the first player since Mark Pilkington (Singapore Masters, 2007) to make four eagles in one European Tour round. "I've done a great job of it in the past, and I don't feel like it is a factor when I'm making my schedule that I shouldn't be able to play well in this environment".
Fox shot a final round 68 to end the tournament at 11-under, eight shots back from victor Dustin Johnson. "It was a very good round".
- City have 'a lot of time' to catch Liverpool - Pep
- PS Plus Members Get 10x More Cloud Storage Space Next Month
- Joe Schmidt issues World Cup warning to ‘bullied’ and ‘bruised’ Ireland
- Pelosi Would be 'BEGGING' for the Wall If Not for Tijuana Barrier
- ‘Everything will be fine’ - Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp on struggling Naby Keita
- Top Venezuelan general recognizes Juan Guaido as president, encourages military to defect
- Trump reverses course, says he and U.S. intelligence ‘in agreement’
- Angry Sarri repeats claim he can not motivate Chelsea players
- Huawei’s foldable phone with 5G support to launch at MWC 2019
- Kyrie Irving open to reunion with LeBron James