What he didn't address in that chat was Maroon 5's general lack of flair for the dramatic, a normal prerequisite for any decent halftime entertainer.
In mid-January, Maroon 5 posted a video teasing their halftime performance, and fans noticed that it contained a brief clip of the titular sponge.
This comes after over 1.2 million fans signed a petition for Spongebob Squarepants song Sweet Victory to be performed at the huge event.
Compared to the energy bands like The Rolling Stones have brought to the Super Bowl stage in previous years and the incredible production values musicians like Lady Gaga have put forth, Maroon 5 was just ... boring.
Adam Levine and his pop band will headline the 2019 Pepsi Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show and will be joined on stage by rappers Travis Scott and Big Boi at the Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta this Sunday, the National Football League announced. At least Levine and Big Boi looked like they had met prior to the game's coin toss. Kaepernick has filed a lawsuit agains the NFL, claiming that they tried to lock him out from league after he repeatedly kneeled during pre-game playings of the United States national anthem as a protest against police brutality towards African Americans.
"I'm not in the right profession if I can't handle a little bit of controversy". When a girl held up a balloon bearing the world "SMILE" near the end, I half-imagined that was an actual stage direction, though the appearance of Big Boi toward the climax did get Levine to crack one.
We also got a few more blazing-hot tracks from Maroon 5 before Outkast's Big Boi came to infuse some energy into the evening with "The Way You Move". "We expected it. We'd like to move on from it, and like I said earlier, speak through the music".
However, fans were left unimpressed by the performance and voiced their displeasure on Twitter.
Levine said of his band's decision to perform despite the calls to boycott, "No one thought about it more than I did".
"I too have an Adam Levine pillow", one person wrote, while another said, "For sale: Adam Levine's shirt".
- Meghan Markle leaves a personal touch during latest charity visit
- Kaepernick mural removed before Super Bowl to be replaced
- Interim Budget 2019: New panel for welfare of nomadic communities
- Google Discovered Collecting User Data From Apple Via Internal Apps
- European Union nations recognise Guaido as Venezuela leader
- City have 'a lot of time' to catch Liverpool - Pep
- Huawei’s foldable phone with 5G support to launch at MWC 2019
- Virginia governor says he wasn’t in racist photo
- Plane carrying Emiliano Sala found
- U.S. adds 304,000 jobs in January, almost doubling economists' expectations