21 Savage was taken into ICE custody on Sunday under allegations that he's in the United States unlawfully. The nonimmigrant U-Visa is reserved for people and immediate family members who have "suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity", according to ICE's website. The family then overstayed their work visas.
Mr. Abraham-Joseph was placed into deportation proceedings AFTER his arrest, he was not in deportation proceedings prior to this detention by ICE.
Reports say the agency was aware of his immigration status because he applied for citizenship in 2017.
Atlanta, GA - February 5, 2019 - There has been a great deal of misreporting in the case of She'yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, known professionally as 21 Savage.
Controversial news reporter Tomi Lahren tweeted a sarcastic response to the news.
Demi wrote that she 'wasn't laughing at anyone getting deported'. "I was laughing at who the f- knew 21 was British?"
Lahren responded to Cardi, commenting on the state of the country's immigration system.
As a result of all the online hatred, she deleted her account.
Abraham-Joseph is a role model to young people in the USA, especially in Atlanta, LaPolt said.
21 Savage's legal team is speaking out following his arrest and potential deportation. "I hate giving you the attention you so desperately crave".
"Wasn't laughing at anyone getting deported". Are you Native American?
Demi Lovato has deactivated her Twitter account following backlash over a meme.
Other stars, jumped into the discussion, shaming others for making light of the situation.
Migos rapper Offset also spoke up: "All the memes and shit aint amusing when somebody going through some". "PRAYING FOR MY DAWG AINT S**T FUNNY HIS FANILY (sic) DEPENDING ON HIM", he wrote.
Kluck further explained that the United States government knew of 21 Savage's status as an immigrant and that the rapper apparently never tried to hide his country of origin."The Department of Homeland Security has known his address and his history since his filing for the U-Visa in 2017, yet they took no action against him until this past weekend", said Kluck.
- Ryan Fox finishes sixth at Saudi International as Dustin Johnson holds on
- European Union nations recognise Guaido as Venezuela leader
- John Lynch misses out on Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Pope Francis to hold historic Mass on Arabian Peninsula
- Adam Levine Assures SJWs Their Voices Were Heard During Super Bowl Performance
- Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring
- U.S. adds 304,000 jobs in January, almost doubling economists' expectations
- Son Heung-min leads the line for Spurs against Newcastle
- PS Plus Members Get 10x More Cloud Storage Space Next Month
- Trump expecting Patriots to capture 6th Super Bowl trophy