Is that a real thing that happens in the National Basketball Association or is it an excuse for the Lakers lacking the assets to get a deal done? Those teams haven't yet made offers to New Orleans for Davis. When the Pelicans were reportedly underwhelmed, the Lakers beefed up the deal Monday.
"And the Lakers have to measure, 'How determined are we to get Anthony Davis now rather than play this out?'".
The six-time All-Star recently asked to be traded, and reportedly gave New Orleans a list of four teams he'd sign with long term. There's absolutely no rush to trade Davis, he's not going anywhere and neither are the offers for him.
"I don't make those decisions", Gentry told reporters. Irving, 26, previously said he planned to re-sign with the Celtics in the summer but has recently wavered in public on that promise. Sources that spoke to ESPN said the Pelicans have not responded to the trade proposal.
There was a time when it looked as if Anthony Davis being traded to the Lakers was a lock.
How much of a splash the Blazers could make likely will depend on their willingness to include second-year forward Zach Collins in a deal. The league's landscape is certainly feeling the tremors of the campaign by Paul and Davis.
But now, according to Wojnarowski, the Pelicans are demanding even more.
The team was also offering to give the Pelicans the salary-cap relief they wanted by taking back Solomon Hill, who has another year left on his deal after this season for $12.7 million. Bad because the Pelicans know they lose the upper-hand-despite Ainge reportedly expressing he will make a better offer.
The Lakers were also winning to also send the Pelicans two first-round draft picks.
But what a post for Davis to accidentally like - that's not awkward at all.
The general consensus a month ago was that this trade deadline would be quiet. With the NBA Trade Deadline less than 48 hours away, the organization seemed to be getting desperate with their pursuit of Davis.
But as of Monday night, a deal involving the Pelicans and Lakers appears unlikely.
For now, anyway, the Lakers pursuit has several factors working against it. Davis could still sign with any team this offseason because he is set to become a free agent this summer.
- John Lynch misses out on Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Kaepernick mural removed before Super Bowl to be replaced
- Brexit blamed for Nissan's decision to move SUV production to Japan
- Huawei will announce its 5G Foldable Phone at MWC 2019
- U.S. adds 304,000 jobs in January, almost doubling economists' expectations
- Demi Lovato deletes Twitter account over 21 Savage backlash
- HPV vaccine is safe, says cancer agency
- Australia Has 3 Excellent Reasons to Avoid Floodwaters
- Meghan Markle leaves a personal touch during latest charity visit
- Google Discovered Collecting User Data From Apple Via Internal Apps