Organisers of the NY premiere of Cold Pursuit said they were cancelling interviews and photo opportunities for the film hours after Neeson appeared on Good Morning America to explain his past racist thoughts.
"It's all f**kin" bulls*it.
Terry Crews (left) and Wale (right) got into it on social media over what some interpreted as the actor's defense of actor Liam Neeson saying he briefly wanted to kill a random "black bastard" decades ago. Dude, have you watched Widows? Because he kissed Viola Davis with his tongue.
She allegedly went on to refer to Neeson as a 'racist pig.' The lyrics to her song 'F*** You include: 'You're just some racist who can't tie my laces.
The actress, who starred in 2018's "Widows" alongside Neeson and Davis, reportedly added: "Racists don't make out with the race that they hate, especially in the way he does with his tongue - so deep down her throat".
Speaking to The Independent during a discussion about revenge, a theme in Cold Pursuit, he said he roamed the streets looking for a "black b******" after someone close to him was raped.
As previously reported, Neeson told a United Kingdom newspaper that decades ago he walked the streets with a "cosh" multiple times, hoping any black person would start trouble with him. It's a dark comedy, but its basis is revenge. "Because my friend was brutally raped and I thought I was defending her honor, and I admit that., and it's a learning curve".
"I explained the situation to Dr. Harris without mentioning Neeson's name", she said.
On Tuesday, Neeson told "GMA" that he had felt a "primal urge to lash out" at the time.
Michallon asked, "Liam, your character is, like you said, a normal guy who suddenly - I mean, not suddenly, but, [he] goes on a murder spree".
"It really shocked me, this primal urge I had". I'm a fairly intelligent guy and that's why it kind of shocked me when it came down to Earth after having these awful feelings.
Liam admitted that he sought help for his violent feelings.
Booker Prize-winning author John Banville has defended Liam Neeson over his controversial rape revenge comments, saying that the Hollywood star is being "demonised".
- Isco? We'd certainly talk to Madrid — Barça's Bartomeu
- Provincial support of school resources for mental health to support students
- John Lynch misses out on Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Nancy Pelosi sparks meme frenzy during State of the Union
- Meghan Markle’s Friends Fear ‘Emotional Trauma’ Can Affect Her Baby
- Adam Levine Assures SJWs Their Voices Were Heard During Super Bowl Performance
- Titanfall 3 is Not in Development Says Respawn
- Pope Francis to hold historic Mass on Arabian Peninsula
- Oil Slips Below $62 as US Inventories Rise
- Lakers Pull Out Of Anthony Davis Trade Talks With Pelicans