Grande confirmed that she had entered discussions with the Recording Academy to perform at this year's ceremony, and that the two parties could not reach on a mutual agreement to proceed.
That characterization didn't fly with Grande, though.
"I offered 3 different songs", she wrote.
Ariana also addressed her loyal fans, saying she hoped they understood her decision and that she was still grateful for the "acknowledgement" she received this year.
Rumour has it Grande is already working on a new album - or at least she's writing songs that might just end up on one. She's a great artist.
Performers at the Grammys include Cardi B, Dolly Parton, Lady Gaga, Travis Scott, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Diana Ross, J Balvin, Camila Cabello, Brandi Carlile, Dan + Shay, H.E.R., Little Big Town, Post Malone, Chloe x Halle and Dua Lipa. Not politics. Not doing favors or playing games. Grande seemed to confirm that in her tweets on Thursday. "It's about art and honesty", Ariana said. "Though I wish he were here instead/Don't want that living in your head/He just comes to visit me/When I'm dreaming every now and then (And then)".
Perhaps most tellingly, Grande also tweeted that she "passed a Grammys bus with my face on it typing those", referring to how this year's ceremony had been hyped and advertised with her likeness.
She went on to explain that she actually proposed three songs that she could perform to the Grammy producer, but the team failed to work with her.
Alicia Keys will host the show which airs February 10 at 8 p.m. EST on CBS.
- Oil Slips Below $62 as US Inventories Rise
- What you need to know about the State of the Union address
- Google Chrome Password Checkup Warns Users of Account Breaches
- Chuck Schumer savages Trump's claim he has stopped war in North Korea
- New Zealand scientists discover memory stick in frozen seal poo
- One case of measles confirmed in Bell County
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Liam Neeson: 'This Man Is Not' a Bigot
- Liam Neeson Admits To Rape Revenge Fantasy
- Met Éireann explain why they name storms as Storm Erik hits Ireland
- EPL: Hazard confirms he has made decision over Chelsea future