The storm will taper off by Wednesday.
Many areas north of M 59 and I-69 will keep seeing snow adding up and could see upwards of 6 inches of snow and very unsafe travel from ice, snow, and blowing snow as the winds pick up too SE/SW 7-17 miles per hour gusting to 25 miles per hour.
Precipitation is expected to be heaviest in the north and northwest suburbs, with snow accumulations between 1 and 4 inches possible in some places.
About 50,000 residents are said to have lost power across the state, USA media report.
Winter storm watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.
A tree rests on a vehicle, Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, on a residential street in Tacoma, Wash.
Seattle schools will be closed Monday. We quickly jump into the mid-40s Thursday and near 50 by Friday as our next rain chance moves in heading into the weekend.
The snow will really expand and intensify after 3 PM in central Iowa with the heaviest snow falling by 10 PM.
Parts of the US Pacific Northwest are being inundated with unusually high levels of snow. Airports in eastern Washington closed, and numerous auto crashes were reported.
Commuters are expected to take cautionary action when traveling Tuesday. Re-freeze will be a concern for your Wednesday morning travel plans. Seattle police have been trying to house the city's homeless in shelters.
The surprise storm caught the entire state of Washington off guard.
He said: "Everyone in our state needs to focus on preparing for the snow and staying safe".
In Portland, a tanker truck slid into a sport-utility vehicle on an interchange between Interstates 5 and 84 on February 8, blocking the ramp for hours. Residents of Hawaii were bracing for coastal flooding amid extreme surf predictions. Hawaii News Now reported that the surf was forecast to top out at 60 feet (18 metres) on Sunday.
- Paul Pogba playing to his world-class potential under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's guidance
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Moto G7 series becomes official
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Former Bills CB intercepts pass in AAF debut
- Nerves no issue for Liverpool, says Klopp
- Toronto serial killer given life in prison for murdering eight
- Remembering the Twitter legacy of former Michigan Rep. John Dingell
- With no body to bury, Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee battles to get closure
- SDF launch last push against ISIS in Syria