Former President Jimmy Carter, who is 94, won an award for best spoken word recording.
His win last night was the second time he was honoured with a Grammy award, having won best rap song for his track Hotline Bling in 2017. "I got my hair cut because I look back at a picture from the Grammys and I said, 'That won't do". "I know that might sound like not a good thing to say coming from the person that co-wrote it, but we had a special moment in that room together, me and [co-writers] Mark Ronson and Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt". That is the question being posed by many people who watched the awards show that took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. 'Great to see you all.
She could barely get a few words in as the crowd lost it.
R&B singer H.E.R., who won best R&B performance for "Best Part" with Daniel Caesar, stunned as she played her guitar and sang.
Some of the fans who have been critical of the singer's Grammys 2019 performance also admitted that her style over the past decade has been anything but normal.
Naturally, the Pusha vs. Drake narrative remained a steady throughline, as it likely marked the first time they stood in each other's vicinity since the beef's vicious peak. Cornell's daughter Toni, and son, Christopher called the win a "bittersweet" moment for the family.
"I guess this year we've really stepped up", she said after telling the audience she was was grateful to be nominated alongside so many female performers.
Also of note was Jennifer Lopez's Motown 60th anniversary tribute because when I think of Motown, I think of J.Lo.
Dolly Parton joined her own tribute performance, which was opened by Katy Perry and Kacey Musgraves.
New Grammy winners St Vincent (Annie Clark) and Dua Lipa performed a seductive mash-up of Clark's Masseduction (which won Best Rock Song) and Dua Lipa's One Kiss.
But then again, we may end up back with an ArtPop-era Gaga, which isn't bad either.
- Bahraini footballer to spend more months in Thai jail
- Amazon reportedly reconsidering New York City headquarters
- Elizabeth Warren Makes It Official, Announces She’s Running For President In 2020
- Nerves no issue for Liverpool, says Klopp
- Virginia Lieutenant Governor Faces Second Sexual Misconduct Charge
- VA Delegate Pauses On Fairfax Impeachment, For Now
- SDF launch last push against ISIS in Syria
- Virginia congressman knew about Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax allegation a year ago
- Toronto serial killer given life in prison for murdering eight
- Blast of ice and snow in forecast for Mississauga, Brampton Tuesday