While a manager can not entirely be judged on his results in the first season, wherein he is still in the process of identifying his best side and stamping his authority at the new club, Sarri does need to turn things around quickly.
"I think this is a crucial moment in the history of this club", Mourinho stated. We need to understand the reasons.
With the season going to be a fight to the end for Chelsea to secure a Champions League spot, the young players are always something to be excited about. Despite this match being on a neutral ground, it is hard to look past Chelsea's away form since early December.
4 - Chelsea have shipped a minimum of four goals in consecutive away league games for the first time since December 1990.
City eased off for the remainder of the first half, and Chelsea striker Gonzalo Higuain even managed to test goalkeeper Ederson with a sharp volley. I will never get excited about that.
"I don't know, you have to ask the club", said Sarri, who was hired after leaving Napoli. "What makes top teams is resilience and Chelsea as a club will have it".
He made an encouraging start to his tenure as Chelsea were unbeaten after their first 12 Premier League matches under him this season, but they have faded out of title contention and now face a battle to finish in the top four. Following the game, chants of "Sarri Out" are getting ever louder.
After Aguero had somehow missed an open goal from two metres, the Argentine promptly beat goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga with a blistering strike from 25 metres, underlining the fact that he is far more than a penalty area poacher.
A resurgent Manchester United visit Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup fifth round next Monday, before the return with Malmo on February 21 and then the Carabao Cup final with Manchester City at Wembley on February 24. They have consistently put out experienced sides in the Europa League this season, albeit often using senior players otherwise on the fringes, and that is unlikely to change this week given the importance now heaped on progress in the competition.
And reading Roman Abramovich's intentions, especially at the moment, will prove particularly tough.
- Will Smith's Genie Revealed In New 'Aladdin' Trailer
- Female acts, rap songs win big at the Grammy Awards
- Top Va. Republican Senator Edited 1968 Yearbook With Blackface Photos, Racial Slurs
- Virginia congressman knew about Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax allegation a year ago
- Acting AG Matthew Whitaker tells lawmakers he hasn't interfered in Mueller investigation
- Toronto serial killer given life in prison for murdering eight
- Fortnite Account Merge: Everything You Need to Know
- Mexican Governor Says No More Caravans in His City
- Nerves no issue for Liverpool, says Klopp
- United Kingdom racing cancelled over EI scare