Lopez has Gaines' new book, a gift from her sister, and gushes over it "every night".
Her performance comes days ahead of Motown's tribute concert to celebrate the label's 60th anniversary. The "Motown Sound" was pivotal on shaping the pop music landscape of today, not only giving African American singers a path to stardom but singers from all backgrounds. "Who's stupid enough to protest Jennifer Lopez doing something for Motown?".
Jennifer Lopez has responded to criticism that she shouldn't have taken centre stage during the Motown tribute at the Grammys.
"You're a sick person. Any type of music can inspire any type of artist", Lopez told Entertainment Tonight.
The performance was shrouded in controversy as fans far and wide became immediately outraged by the announcement that Lopez would headline the Motown tribute. Thanks to Berry Gordy, "Motown became a model of black capitalism, pride, and self-expression and a repository for some of the greatest talent ever assembled at one company... And it's Black History Month too".
Lalah Hathaway's whole body and self was sitting in the audience during a soulless Motown tribute. As The Root pointed out, "Kelly Price was busy? No one sent her a text?" The singer even admitted that although her 50th birthday is right around the corner, she feels like she's about 26-years-old!
Jennifer Lopez and Smokey Robinson perform onstage during the Grammy Awards in LA. She then briefly teamed up with Alicia Keys on "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" and sang "Another Star" with Ne-Yo, who played the piano. Many were quick to criticize the Grammys for honoring the genre of artists like The Supremes, Gladys Knight, and The Temptations with the latin songstress as opposed to, well, any black performer.
Meg Hanson is a Brooklyn-based writer, teacher and jaywalker.
- Ravens to trade Flacco to Broncos
- Disney Releases Trailer for "Frozen 2" and It's Everything
- Acting AG Matthew Whitaker tells lawmakers he hasn't interfered in Mueller investigation
- Remembering the Twitter legacy of former Michigan Rep. John Dingell
- Karol Bagh fire: Emergency exit of hotel locked, says Union minister Alphons
- Offset shares footage of Cardi B in delivery room
- SDF launch last push against ISIS in Syria
- Will Smith's Genie Revealed In New 'Aladdin' Trailer
- Ocasio-Cortez Deleted Embarrassing Green New Deal Policy Details
- BBC Cameraman Attacked at Trump Rally