The official ICC Men's Cricket World Cup trophy tour began its 100-day journey of the country today transported in the 100% electric Nissan LEAF - Europe's top-selling electric vehicle (EV) - making this tour the first ICC Trophy Tour powered by an all-electric vehicle.
In all West Indies smashed 23 sixes off a shell-shocked and sloppy attack, a one-day worldwide record, in their 360 for eight, with seven balls lost somewhere in Bridgetown, to record their highest one-day score against England and their best in the Caribbean. We can't take this series lightly, we're going to give it 100 percent. "Focus on that, my strengths, what I'm looking to work on, whatever it is leading up to the World Cup and beyond". Definitely, in 50-over cricket, the World Cup is the end for me. Gayle last appeared for the West Indies' ODI side in July 2018 against Bangladesh, having missed tours to India and Bangladesh to play in the Afghanistan Premier League and the T10 League.
Already without mystery spinner Sunil Narine and all-rounder Andre Russell, West Indies have been forced to amend their original squad for the first two ODIs with injuries ruling out opening batsman Evin Lewis and all-rounders Rovman Powell and Keemo Paul. I think England have finally picked a very aggressive team as well, with Eoin Morgan, who's a brilliant captain.
John Campbell, who made a bright start to his Test career in the three matches against the English, looks set for an ODI debut opening the batting with Chris Gayle.
"We're now looking and thinking that 500 in a one-day worldwide could be possible for this team, it's an exciting time".
And Stokes will have enjoyed snaring Carlos Brathwaite, the man who hit him for four successive sixes to snatch the 2016 World Twenty20 title out of England's hands, for just three while West Indies were setting England a record-breaking run-chase.
"This series against England might be the last time people get to see the Universe Boss on local soil".
He is West Indies second-highest ODI run-scorer of all time, behind only former team-mate Brian Lara. Speaking at the event, Lloyd recalled being a part of the historic win by the Windies, particularly remembering his 149-run stand with Rohan Kanhai after being 50/3 in the inaugural edition of World Cup final. The youngsters owe it to me to win.
"The only world trophy I thought we had a genuine chance of winning was the World Twenty20 in the West Indies that we did, because we were ahead of the curve there".
- 'Pakistan nerve center of terror': India on Imran's Pulwama response
- Fury's new ESPN deal casts shadow over Wilder rematch
- Deputy US AG, who oversaw Russian Federation probe, to leave in March
- Priyanka Chopra, Amal Clooney attend Meghan Markle’s baby shower?
- Skygazers, it's time for a super snow moon tonight
- Bernie's In: Sanders Joins the 2020 Race
- Snow, ice to make travel hazardous in Northern Virginia
- Samsung launches folding smartphone in bid to rev up market
- Samsung to launch United States retail stores on Galaxy S10 series launch day
- President Buhari orders military, police to be ruthless with election riggers