"In England, first the coaches shake hands, [but] I did what I do in Germany, said sorry and made up for it, and in Germany we will do it as we do it in Germany".
Bayern did a job on Liverpool, closed them down at every turn, hardly gave them an inch of space all night and must now be favourites to go through. I'm confident Liverpool will go through, because of the attacking prowess they've got, the devastation they wreak. Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting "SPORTS" to 22840.
The bigger picture is that Liverpool are still in it.
It is one of the most intriguing ties in the round of 16, between the sides that sit second in the Premier League and Bundesliga respectively.
In what must be seen as a season-defining week, their drop in form hardly sets them up for Sunday's trip to Manchester United. Last season's finalists did not have it all their own way, though, with goalkeeper Alisson Becker making a smart early save from Matip's miscued clearance.
The Champions League hasn't been the source of joy this season that it was last time around for us.
Bayern Munich still can't find a way to score, let alone win at Liverpool. Joel Matip spurns a chance from yards out!
"Dejan, I actually have to wait minute by minute if there is a chance or not".
Despite Bayern's upward curve, a curve that could yet lead "the worst Bayern in years" to the treble, that was a very complimentary approach to the thorny issue of facing Klopp's Liverpool.
Chance! Kingsley Coman smashes a shot into the side netting!
If Liverpool were the better side in the opening 45 minutes, then Bayern were in charge after the interval, stand-in centre-back Fabinho blocking well from Robert Lewandowski before Serge Gnabry sent his drive just over.
It was a gritty, determined and disciplined performance from Bayern.
Good evening! Welcome to the Live updates of Liverpool Vs Bayern Munich in the Champions League. I wanted them to get on the ball and be creative. This was an experienced showing from the Spaniard, helping to secure a positive result ahead of the return.
Liverpool wasted a number of good opportunities in front of goal on Tuesday night to leave the tie evenly poised at the halfway stage.
- Amazon Drops New York Headquarters Plan Amid Protests
- Hamlin wins second Daytona 500 in wreck-littered race
- Samsung launches folding smartphone in bid to rev up market
- Skygazers, it's time for a super snow moon tonight
- Karl Lagerfield pronounced dead at the age of 85
- Canadian prime minister Trudeau's chief secretary resigns
- Trump lashes out at officials involved in Russian Federation probe
- USA and China seek deal to prevent trade-war escalation
- Irish American cardinal first ever bishop defrocked in history of Catholic Church
- Samsung to launch United States retail stores on Galaxy S10 series launch day