According to MLB Network's Jon Heyman, the Philadelphia Phillies are the current favorites for Bryce Harper, and whatever deal he receives will be a long-term deal. For those who think there's no chance that Harper comes to the South Side, at least know that the White Sox are in on the free-agent superstar until they aren't.
Amazingly, a 10-year/$300M deal wouldn't even put Harper inside the top five highest-paid Major League Baseball players for 2019 (unless the deal was stacked on the front end), according to Spotrac. That has not changed, and nor have my two favorite places for him. Will there be a surprise appearance from one of the two biggest names on the free-agent market? "Obviously, losing's not fun, but I enjoy playing this game".
"I'm not ruling them out", Heyman said of the Giants. That includes Padres, Nats, Giants, Chisox, multiple mystery teams.
It is February 17 and finally the Manny Machado and Bryce Harper markets are beginning to heat up. When you look at the teams the odds markers are looking at, the Giants are years away. Boras gets bailed out again by an owner. Manny Machado recently met a second time with the Padres, and the White Sox are saving a place for him in their locker room.
Trout, 27, did not want to discuss his contract situation on the Angels' first day of full squad workouts.
Harper talks with Phillies appear to be intensifying, but no word anything's done and to this point it seems other interested teams haven't been told they are out.
- Karl Lagerfield pronounced dead at the age of 85
- John McDonnell : Labour Has ‘Held The Party Together On Brexit’
- Honda to cease production at its Swindon factory in 2021
- Irish American cardinal first ever bishop defrocked in history of Catholic Church
- Indian community pays tribute to Pulwama martyrs
- Samsung to launch United States retail stores on Galaxy S10 series launch day
- Samsung launches folding smartphone in bid to rev up market
- How German Newspaper Bild Rated Liverpool And Bayern Munich Players
- Russia: Vladimir Putin threatens to target USA over missiles based in Europe
- 'Pakistan nerve center of terror': India on Imran's Pulwama response