Maurizio Sarri said he will keep his tactical preparation to a minimum to avoid overloading his Chelsea players with information ahead of the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City on Sunday (live on ESPN+ at 11:30 a.m. ET).
"They are incredible professional players, they are proud, they will do extra".
"It is what it is".
Asked why Sarri's job is under threat when Guardiola was given time, Sarri replied: 'Because he was lucky.
The club would have had a first row seat as Sarri nearly broke Juventus' domestic dominance with his excellent brand of football at Napoli before he joined Chelsea, and are keen to bring that to Stadio Olimpico.
Amid a run of poor results, which has left the club languishing in sixth in the English Premier League table, Chelsea fans have seemingly grown exhausted of bashing besieged manager Maurizio Sarri and his brand of "Sarri ball", and have instead begun to question the tact of the London club's hierarchy. It was never in the media that I'd be sacked if they lose this game or the other game. When (Antonio) Conte won the title, people were saying he'd be sacked when they lost one or two games the next season. The situation is completely different. First of all we need a good performance and result, and then with more confidence we are able to do everything. "I've spoken to my staff and they had the same opinion".
Victory over City would prove the ideal tonic to the club's recent malaise, with Wise keen to point out Sarri's record fairs well against Guardiola's first season at the Etihad.
Chelsea's preparations for Sunday's showpiece were unhelpfully hit by news Federation Internationale de Football Association have punished the club with a two-window ban on registering new players after they contravened rules relating to the signing of youth footballers.
Sarri urged supporters to back the player and felt the team's poor start to the game demonstrated his importance.
- Yakima County Health Officials Say So Far No Measles Cases
- 'GO GET THEM!' President Trump Responds to Covington Student's MASSIVE Lawsuit
- R. Kelly faces charges for aggravated criminal sexual abuse in Chicago
- Isaiah Thomas On Zion Williamson Injury: "Sit Yo A** Down"
- 'It Pissed Everybody Off:' Chicago Police Sounds Off on Smollett's Hoax
- Trump lashes out at officials involved in Russian Federation probe
- Clive Lloyd talks about Chris Gayle’s importance in the tournament
- Monkees member Peter Tork dies at age 77
- Padres make 'serious' offers to Machado, Harper
- Anna Soubry launches personal attack on 'delusional' Theresa May