"It's probably a crash that nobody would survive", he said, referring to the scene as "total devastation".
Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said there is nothing intact of the airline.
The president of the Airline Professionals Association, Teamsters Local 1224, said the three people on the flight were union members.
"Pieces of bodies, nothing bigger than. you know", Campbell told KHOU-TV.
Witnesses said the twin-engine plane "went in nose first" before disintegrating upon impact. It went from 10,000 feet (3,048 meter) to 1,325 feet (403 meter) in just 3 minutes before contact was lost, according to Flightradar24.
FAA investigators are traveling to the crash site and the National Aviation Security Board will investigate the crash, the FAA wrote.
Emergency personnel work at the scene of a plane crash site in Trinity Bay in Anahuac Texas on Feb. 23 2019
Dive teams are searching for the black box.
The Coast Guard dispatched several boats to assist in the search for survivors.
According to CNBC, video from the scene of the crash in Trinity Bay appears to show wreckage with part of the Amazon logo on it floating in the water, with responding law enforcement reporting "items including bed sheets, women's clothing and cardboard boxes in the bay". Other versions are the 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER and the 767-400ER.
Massachusetts State Police say two people died after a small plane crashed and caught fire at Mansfield Municipal Airport.
On May 26, 1991, 223 aboard Lauda Air Flight 004 died when it crashed near Bangkok, Thailand, on May 26, 1991. "We can confirm there were three people on board the aircraft". The NTSB determined the probable cause to be due to a deliberate action by the first officer.
The jet had flown for Prime Air since April 2017, as per Flight Global.
"We can confirm there were three people on board the aircraft", Atlas Air said in a statement.
- Trump to depart for Vietnam tomorrow, expects more progress
- Hamilton - Mercedes was feeling better today
- Jussie Smollett Removed from Final Two 'Empire' Season 5 Episodes
- Morgan hails Roy and Root after record-breaking Windies win
- How, Where to Watch the Oscars Awards Tonight Online?
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Kids must benefit from Chelsea's transfer ban — MARTIN KEOWN
- UK PM Theresa May postpones vote on Brexit deal until March 12
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Trump says trade talks with China 'very productive'