Speaking ahead of the mobile industry's biggest global event, which kicks of on Monday in Barcelona, Yu said the Huawei Mate X will have two back-to-back screens which unfold to become an eight-inch tablet display.
Nevertheless, the Huawei Mate X looks like a convincing foray into foldable tech, especially for a first generation. At today's conversation rates, this is approximately A$3500. One such title is Asphalt 9, which appears in this video taking full advantage of the phone's folding screen. This year, Huawei is ready to steal Samsung's thunder with the follow-up announcement of the new Mate X - the company's own take on a foldable smartphone. Though as numerous three-letter security agencies have pointed out repeatedly, that's also one of the big reasons USA policymakers have become so wary of Huawei lately. It folds outwards into an 11mm thick handset with a 6.6-inch main display and a 6.4-inch secondary screen. There's still room for a 4,500mAH battery and a triple-lens camera, plus 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. The company says camera performance should be "on par" with its Mate 20 smartphone, according to The Verge.
Huawei demoed the phone behind a rope (yes, really) and showed the phone in every way you can use it.
This new foldable is powered by the Kirin 980, paired with the Balong 5000 modem. The bar also serves to provide housing for the USB-C connector as well as the 2-in-1 power button / finger-print sensor.
What sets the Mate X apart from the Samsung's Galaxy Fold is that the display spans edge to edge when both folded and unfolded, thus creating a more immersive effect. In a recent post on Weibo, VP Brian Shen said Oppo does not believe that foldable phones now offer many improvements for its customers.
Finally, unfolding the Mate X results in the AMOLED screen to reveal its true physical dimensions.
The Mate X will be too expensive and alien for a lot of people but for us, this is one of the most impressive pieces of modern smartphone design in years. In just 30 minutes, HUAWEI SuperCharge is able to charge the battery back to 85 percent.
- Watch SpaceX Bring World's First Private Lunar Mission Into Space
- YouTube Bans Adverts on Anti-Vaccination Video Channels
- Olivia Colman Wins Best Actress At Oscars 2019
- Weaponized water: India threatens to divert 3 rivers away from Pakistan
- Jim Boeheim will coach against Duke Saturday; Williamson expected to sit
- Cargo jet crashes in Texas with 3 on board
- Kids must benefit from Chelsea's transfer ban — MARTIN KEOWN
- How, Where to Watch the Oscars Awards Tonight Online?
- Pope Francis Urges Concrete Action at Vatican Abuse Summit
- Jussie Smollett Removed from Final Two 'Empire' Season 5 Episodes