Apparently, she made her breakthrough as Sophie Chapman in the Channel 4 comedy series Peep Show (2003-2015) while her other comic roles in television include Green Wing (2004-2006), Beautiful People (2008-2009), Rev. (2010-2014), Twenty Twelve (2011-2012), and Fleabag (2016-present).
"If you are at home sitting on your couch and watching this now, all I can say is this is hard work", she stated.
The British star was named Best Actress, thanks to her royal role as Queen Anne in The Favourite!
But the award was snatched by Bafta victor Colman, who told her from the stage: "You have been my idol for so long, this is not how I wanted it to be".
Olivia Colman was responsible for one of the most poignant moments of Oscars 2019, after taking home her first-ever Academy Award on February 24.
A seven-time Oscar nominee, Close holds the record as the actor with the most Academy Award nominations without a win, male or female. "When he walked into the room, I just went, 'That's him!' Mind you, I suppose if he hadn't wanted me, then I might have gone, 'That's him!' at someone else a week later".
Though she appeared shocked herself, Colman's sheer joy and awe at winning was infectious.
Who was the best dressed at the Oscars 2019? After all, none of this year's nominated films for best picture had a female director.
"If I forget anybody, I'll find you later and give you a massive snog, I'm sorry if I forget anybody".
Stone, sitting near Colman in the Dolby Theatre, also broke into tears as the award was announced, could be seen repeating "oh my God" over and over again.
DJ, songwriter and record producer Mark Ronson won the original song accolade for Shallow from A Star Is Born, alongside American co-writers Lady Gaga, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt. Queen Anne occupies the throne; however, she is in poor health, so Lady Sarah spends much of her time tending to the Queen's sickness.
- Trump to depart for Vietnam tomorrow, expects more progress
- UK PM Theresa May postpones vote on Brexit deal until March 12
- Another UK Lawmaker Leaves Labour Party Amid 'Anti-Semitism' Scandal
- NZ dollar edges lower on worries about Aust coal exports
- Kids must benefit from Chelsea's transfer ban — MARTIN KEOWN
- Huawei Unveils A Foldable Phone The Mate X 5G
- Chelsea eye Holland as Sarri replacement
- Watch SpaceX Bring World's First Private Lunar Mission Into Space
- #NigeriaDecides: Buhari ‘flogs’ Atiku in Obasanjo’s polling unit
- Meghan Markle flaunts a bespoke Dior gown in Morocco