The Do The Right Thing director also praised his ancestors, "who built our country".
"If we all connect with our ancestors, we will have love, wisdom regained, and regain our humanity", he continued. It will be a powerful moment.
Although Lee didn't mention the petty Tweeter-in-Chief by name it was apparent that he was coming for Trump and using his platform to deliver a Black History lesson and make an impassioned plea for people to "do the right thing" and vote Trump out of office.
According to the Post, previously, the Brooklyn-raised Lee had only received a Best Screenplay nod for Do The Right Thing in 1990 and a Best Documentary Feature nomination in 1998 for 4 Little Girls. "This is my sixth glass, and you know why", he said. For more of Lee's thoughts on Trump, revisit our recent interview with the filmmaker in which he discusses everything from the ramifications of unchecked nostalgia to why America is now in an age of living dangerously.
"I thought I was courtside at the Garden and the ref made a bad call", the die-hard New York Knicks fan quipped. The legislation was championed by a number of black leaders, including many people who oppose Trump.
Green Book was a bit of a surprise win, with bookies backing Roma or The Favourite to pick up the Best Picture award in the run up to tonight's awards. "I'm snake bit. Every time somebody is driving somebody, I lose". Nick Vallelonga, whose father is portrayed in Green Book, apologized for his tweet agreeing with Donald Trump's claim that Muslims celebrated 9/11 in New Jersey. "But this time they changed the seating arrangement".
But while this has been the most open race in years for the Oscars, reaction to the film winning was seriously mixed.
More recently, some of the people behind the film have come under fire, with the family of the film's true-life protagonist Dr. Don Shirley denying the close friendship between him and Viggo Mortensen's character portrayed in the film.
It provided a water-cooler controversy over the merits of best picture victor "Green Book", and some memorable musical performances by Queen and the duo of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. In his speech, he challenged Americans to mobilize for the 2020 presidential election.
- Huawei Unveils A Foldable Phone The Mate X 5G
- Trump to depart for Vietnam tomorrow, expects more progress
- How, Where to Watch the Oscars Awards Tonight Online?
- Hamilton - Mercedes was feeling better today
- Cargo jet crashes in Texas with 3 on board
- Yakima County Health Officials Say So Far No Measles Cases
- YouTube Bans Adverts on Anti-Vaccination Video Channels
- Flowers from Meghan Markle's baby shower donated to charity
- Pope Francis Urges Concrete Action at Vatican Abuse Summit
- Jim Boeheim will coach against Duke Saturday; Williamson expected to sit