The Pakistan government stated that said its strike "was not a retaliation to continued Indian belligerence". A Directorate General of Civil Aviation spokesperson said, "As of now, ops to these airports resumed".
Pakistan has said it was not involved in the attack and was ready to help New Delhi in the investigations. Some reports say that it was an Mi-17 transport chopper while some say it was a MiG aircraft. "The bodies have been recovered and are being examined by the forensics team", said a senior police officer near the crash site.
"One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in the area", he said without elaborating further.
The conflicting reports could not be immediately reconciled.
"One of the aircraft fell inside AJK while other fell inside IoK", he added.
The villagers said a team compromising army troopers, state police, and a forensics team arrived at the site nearly immediately and dragged the bodies of the pilots from the wreckage.
Pakistan immediately stopped its domestic and global flight operations from Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot and Islamabad airports following the tension. Some flights returning to origin, while others appear to be seeking alternate routing.
On February 1, a Mirage 2000 trainer fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed in Bengaluru. Pakistan has denied this claim and said that there were no casualties.
Police has rushed to the spot and are verifying the incident, he said.
"Based on a credible input about the presence of militants in Shopian's Memender, an operation was launched". More than 10 bombs were dropped by the multi-role fighter jet Mirage 2000 at around 3:30 am.
Over 300 terrorists were reportedly killed in the assault.
- Trump's ex-campaign manager Manafort doesn't deserve leniency: Counsel
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Kelly has posted bond and will be released from jail soon
- Man United face 'mutiny' if Solskjaer isn't named permanent boss
- Donald Trump Didn't Like Spike Lee's Oscar Acceptance Speech
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Newcastle United to break club transfer record in May
- Theresa May opens door to delaying Brexit beyond March 29