The cold front is coming through now & winds are picking up from the northwest.
Although the rest of Sunday will be dry, it will be quite cold with wind chills in the teens and twenties as winds gust close to 40 miles per hour.
Freezing drizzle and light snow overnight has created some slippery spots during the morning commute on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Winds will decrease late tonight to 6-10 miles per hour & turn to the north-northeast. In a news release, the agency stated that sleet, freezing rain and blowing snow would make driving unsafe. The graphics are the weather alerts for tomorrow and the snowfall graphic is for tomorrow (Saturday) only. We will be right on the northern edge of any of its influence.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. With temperatures in the upper single digits to lower teens salt will not be as effective as it would be with temperatures in the 20s and 30s.
Saturday morning will be soggy with a mix of clouds and sun and scattered showers expected. Timeline and totals are highly dependent on the precise track and temperatures, making the forecast very hard to pinpoint until the storm is practically on top of us.
Snow is expected to taper off before the afternoon.
Snow is expected to begin falling midday Sunday across the Ohio River Valley.
Friday's snow will not last all day, Thomas says. Heavy snow (up to 8+ inches) would fall over NW NJ, while just rain encompasses South Jersey.
Minor ice accumulations are also possible.
Today - A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain and snow between noon and 4 p.m., then a chance of rain after 4 p.m. These are actual air temperatures, not wind chills.
Either way, the storm should depart early Monday morning leaving us with a very cold upcoming workweek. We'll bring you the latest as it becomes available. Vigorous clipper system is possible with lots of wind & that snowfall around. Wind: NE 10-20; gusty.
- Bryce Harper signs 13-year deal with Philadelphia Phillies
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge pull pints in Belfast
- Kyrie Irving gives dead-eye stare from bench during Celtics 20-point loss
- TMZ: Luke Perry has massive stroke shortly after 90210 series announcement
- Pompeo: North Korea not clear on scope of closing Yongbyon nuclear facility
- Brexit next steps: How did my MP vote?
- Lady Gaga on Rumored Romance with Bradley Cooper: 'Fooled Ya'
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest