"And as he has done, and this is by no means simply David De Gea's contract we're talking about, he's done it with player after player after player, which is allow the contracts to run down, sometimes into that final year option, before negotiating long term".
"We maybe could have had two penalties and at 2-0 up it would be much more hard for Man United".
Solskjaer's side will be aiming to overturn a 2-0 deficit in the Champions League last 16, second leg at PSG on Wednesday. "I need to relax and I need to enjoy it and I think my players can see as well that I do enjoy this and they've got to understand that it's the best time of their lives playing here and these are the times that Man Utd players step up - when the going gets tough".
"We have got to go for it".
Three days after scoring twice in a 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace, Lukaku again proved the difference for United with another double. We have a mountain to climb.
And Solskjaer, who famously scored the injury-time victor in the 1999 Champions League final, felt there was an element of nostalgia to United's triumph. We have done it so many times. The home team then got an opportunity to extend the 3-2 lead after they were awarded a penalty in the injury time.
"If you want the ideal situation from our team, the flawless goalkeeper, then it's possible for us to take points against such big teams".
While United focus on continental matters, relegation-threatened Saints will look to build on their positive Old Trafford display when Tottenham visit next weekend. It was good to score, but I would have preferred it if we won.
However, Southampton managed to go into the break 1-0 up and in with a good chance to take an unlikely result away from Old Trafford.
Lukaku has tended to split opinions more than most players but a brace this afternoon against Southampton has moved the the striker on to 12 Premier League goals for the season and just six behind Sergio Aguero at the top of the charts.
"We've been discussing the future of the club - we did that before the talk of "if I should stay or not".
"The manager talked to us, and we are obviously disappointed, but he's happy that we gave him everything".
- Kim 'welcomes' USA liaison office in North Korea
- Redskins would win big with a Josh Rosen trade
- UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Results
- Bryce Harper signs 13-year deal with Philadelphia Phillies
- Lady Gaga on Rumored Romance with Bradley Cooper: 'Fooled Ya'
- India, Pakistani Forces Continue Deadly Artillery Fire In Kashmir
- Kyrie Irving gives dead-eye stare from bench during Celtics 20-point loss
- Jordyn Woods apologises to Khloe Kardashian in Red Table Talk
- SpaceX Crew Dragon launches demo flight
- Jason Witten ends retirement, back with Dallas Cowboys