The publicist added that Perry's family appreciates the support and prayers that have been offered since Perry was hospitalized on Wednesday.
The type of medical care or treatment Luke Perry received has not been publicly released at this time.
A reboot of "90210" was announced the same day as Perry's stroke.
He is better known for his role more than 20 years earlier as Dylan McKay on Beverly Hills, 90210, which was set around a group of students living in the upscale southern California city.
Luke Perry was a kindhearted and incredibly talented artist. He co-starred in the quirky 2007 HBO series "John from Cincinnati" and had recurring roles on series including "Jeremiah", "Oz", and "What I Like About You".
Perry was reportedly sedated to allow his brain "a fighting chance to recover", but the damage was already too extensive, according to a TMZ report. Six other cast members expected to return include Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling.
Others who reacted included stars like Rosie O'Donnell, Joss Whedon and Olivia Munn, just to name a few.
Riverdale's executive producers released the following statement: "We are deeply saddened to learn today about the passing of Luke Perry".
A few years later, Perry and Sharp welcomed son Jack in 1997 and daughter Sophie in 2000.
- Pellegrini cannot accept penalty award after Hammers lose at City
- Former FSU DE Burns turning heads with NFL Combine workout
- UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Results
- Elon Musk's SpaceX takes major step towards reviving United States astronaut presence
- President Trump Embraces American Flag Before CPAC Speech
- Jason Witten ends retirement, back with Dallas Cowboys
- Lynne Patton: I was not a 'prop' at Michael Cohen hearing
- India, Pakistani Forces Continue Deadly Artillery Fire In Kashmir
- Redskins would win big with a Josh Rosen trade
- Brexit next steps: How did my MP vote?